Another unarmed black guy shot and killed, Terrence Crutcher, tell me what you think?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Damn your car breaking down is an executable offence in the US now?

What Girls Said 12

• It's just pathetic that such horrible individuals enter the police force. But what's just as bad is that people disrespect all the policemen just because there are some pieces of shit in the force. Still fuk this cop tho.

• My thoughts: Further confirmation that unjust police brutality against African Americans is not an isolated incident and is not a matter of just a few 'bad apples'. There is clearly a culture of racism and prejudice against black people within the American police. No other race is being murdered on a regular basis for no legitimate, necessary reason by public servants at the rate of African Americans and it's because they're too racist, discriminatory, and trigger happy to be competent professionals.

I am also beyond disgusted by the lack of empathy and basic human to human concern from a lot of these fellow GAG members. I think there's a lot of intellectual trash on this website and I've just disposed quite a bit of it from my atmosphere in the future.

• This shit really has to stop.

I love how someone downvoted you.
      They are like, "YEAH WE NEED POLICE SHOOTING MORE UNARMED PEOPLE."
      What a fucking idiot.

we can't see what happened when the encounter started yet. most of the other "victims" the media created turned out to have brought this upon themsleves after the whole story came out. Like Michael brown as the best example

@YourName123 never said I supported what the cop did to Michael brown but please make your judgments. Yeah he is trigger happy.

• I'm pissed the hell off.

same. they'll never learn. either fight gun with gun or gtfo. Im getting both a gun license And moving back to my home island (duel citizenship bebe! ;) )

@helloitsmethere I don't blame you if you do.

me neither ;)

• It pisses me off.
    And people are just going to blame the man who was shot or call him a criminal like always and the officer is going to be on paid administrative leave.

• There are arguments saying this is exactly why women can't be in combat roles. They break under pressure.
    Sigh, You can't really see what happened leading up to it. But It does appear he was facing the car. So it def. looks like someone was trigger happy.

• Do they know that shooting someone is against the law? I never shot someone before and not planning to.

• I'm think that I'm tired of hearing news like that. This needs to stop!

• It's sad and discusting

• It is a shame that this has happened again. There needs to be something done. More training, stricter policies, anything more than what is currently happening. There are people everywhere who have been given a title, who do not deserve a title. Yes, there are dirty cops. But that does not mean that all cops are bad. This needs to be handled properly, legally, and justly through the court system. Action does need to be taken, but it needs to be lawful (not in the hands of citizens.)

• That is why I think all black men need to be armed. If he had a gun... he could have turned around an shot everyone of those cops.

• Some of these police officers are dangerous. The good ones need to stand up and turn the irresponsible, unfit and corrupt ones in. It's better for us all.

What Guys Said 13

• I think that this was a--without knowing the full circumstances--a skittish female who shot, because she was afraid of something. However. I do not think it is an example of systematic police racism. According to the footage, there is really no explanation for why this man was shot. It's indefensible, unless he was reaching into the car, which I did not see. He had his hands up the entire time. And from the looks of it, being very compliant with police instruction.

I consider myself one of the staunchest enemies of Black Lives Matter. I do not believe police are systemically racist, and I do not believe that 12 innocent deaths a year constitutes a race-motivated genocide. However, much like Walter Scott, I do not believe this man should have been shot, whatsoever.

I would call it a horrible mistake, currently. He appeared to have done everything a citizen should have done when confronted by police. Unless he was screaming "I'm going to kill all of you," or actively reaching into the car, I see no even partial defense.

It is strange how she could fire. *Something* had to have spooked her. Either that, or she really is a racist and just saw an opportunity to shoot a black man. Though, I'm more apt to believe the former.

In any case, we'll have to wait and see the full details of the case in the coming days. It does not look good for the woman, though. At all.

• i think that psycho woman cop should be put away for life.

cold blooded murder. nothing more complicated.

• *yawn* Again? Why is this news anymore? Same old shit, why I don't even keep track of news anymore so this is the first I heard of it. That's what I think.

• The last story i heard was an armed Black man shot by a Black cop and they still rioted yelling "get Whitey" and carjacking people.

I think statistically its extremely rare for an unarmed man who has done nothing wrong to be shot by police.

#1. Dont commit a crime
    #2. Dont resist arrest

If you do those 2 things there's a 99.9% chance you will be safe from police. Contrary to what you might want to think, police simply won't to do their job, get their paycheck and go home to their family.

• It's almost as if the cops got together and decided that it's unacceptable that terrorists have killed more Americans than they have.

• the decisions police officers have to make are split second decisions.. if he was possibly reaching into his window, he couldve been pulling out a gun and at that point, its your life or his.. id like to see all the cop bashers try to make decisions that quickly and never be wrong.. check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_s63oCwhJo

And yet they were able to keep the shooter in aurora alive who murdered 70 people and shot at police, the Chelsea bomber alive (also a shooter that clipped 2 cops), keep the dude in charleston alive and then take him to Burger King cause he was hungry, but made a split decision to taze crutcher, immobilize him and shoot him, able to tag, pin down sterling and shoot him dead and couldn't not shoot at the dude in Minneapolis who told the cop he had a gun and was reaching for his wallet. Da fuck outta here 😂

• couple of facts (liberals will hate this).

White violent criminals get shot by cops at a higher rate than black violent criminals.

almost every time the media puts one of these incomplete stories out, it turns out the "victim" brought this on themselves and would be alive if they acted like a civilized person and obeyed the officers commands.

• If that's what you have to deal with their 2nd amendment rights are probably a good thing ha

• If you keep repeating this is an exception to the rule people will believe it.

• This is the exception to the rule, it is not the rule.

• I think another black guy got shot for not following the orders of police officers,

• here comes another riot