I have found that I can't stand talking to people who are too serious. Anyone else this way?

Like there needs to be some kind of sense of humor in the person for me to be around them. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 20

• YES. It makes me angry and confused... I'm so silly and ridiculous and happy (I try to be and just naturally am, especially when there's nothing to be mad at, haha) And so when people are so cold, ugh, it's like... whyyyyy you gotta be a dump to be next. Stop emotionally pooping on my joy. Byeeee.

• Balance is the key.
    Life is short to be serious all the time

• I'm fine with it - especially in the work environment.
    But in casual life, casual setting, when I'm in a good mood - yes, I deserve and need some humor-full people such as myself.

• Haha yeah I'm with you on this. If they lack personality then it doesn't really make me want to socialise with them

• Same. They're boring

• I'm with you. A sense of humor is important.

• Same here, they are so annoying :P

• I like being serious.

Well just all the time can be too much for me

I have a friend that is serious and uptight. She can't relax for a moment. Hung out with her all day and it wasn't until the evening that she started to loosen up a bit. Didn't joke or laugh or anything but she was so... serious.

urggg yeah i couldn't stand it lol. i would look for an excuse to leave. :/

• Im the same tbh. like when i try being obviously sarcastic and they get bad and try to debate me... LOL

• If they are being too sensitive yes I can't stand them too.

• Yep, I feel the same way.

• The same.

• I'm actually the same way

• some subtle humour is good, i'm fine with completely serious people though

• yeah serious people are pretty boring to be around

• Saaaaame. they'd just... I'd just leave.

• Haha nooooo can't stand those types.

• @Omar5881 I would never talk to you if you were too serious lmao

I am always serious what are you talking? Everyone thinks I am a joke 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
      Okie 😉😂

@Omar5881 hahahahaah okie? Okie!

• I don't like too serious people either its harder to talk to them, I like when people have sense of humour too and are fun

• Same

What Guys Said 12

• Thanks for A2A!
    Personally, I just can't stand people like this. I don't even know what will I talk if we aren't joking a bit on daily basis. We'll run out of topics and get bored of each other soon. I am a sarcastic person, I mock my friends a lot. Those who are too serious, can't get along with me. But the ones who have a thick skin and scintillating wit, stay with me, in fact, we become the best buddies ever. I'm a very serious and quiet person but if I didn't laugh or make you laugh, I don't think we should be with each other anymore. It just doesn't work. It means you have a major flaw in your personality. I feel lucky that my bffs are witty enough to tease me for some good laugh and I can say anything I want for my amusement and we are still cool with each other. Lot of G@Gers claim to be sarcastic and funny but most of them get offended over littlest things like "I like potato" 😑

• Depends on the occasion - I like a mix of seriousness and lightness in the people around me - Too much lightness can annoy me a bit too

• Makes sense, of course if the people don't exactly understand or get each others humor then it's just as bad.

• I understand COMPLETELY! As a loose and sociable person, I find these types of people less interesting to talk to, because they don't give the fun social vibes to bounce back to me.

• I can't stand them. For awhile I can hut then it's like wtf. Stop complaining about life and try and enjoy the small moments.

• I don't mind them but I wouldn't want to be around them all the time.

• OMG YES *points to self*. People who are too serious can't take joking around and get mad if you don't take things seriously enough.

• People got to have spice in their life you know.. can't go around and be bitter.. I want to tell people to enjoy their life you know!

• literally same.

• Life is serious and dark so why joke around?

to make it go by easier

Yeah americans are like that, they even named the two first atom bombs "little boy" and "fat man" they are jokers they never took things seriously like the soviets did.

• depends on the subject

Well just think someone who is serious almost all the time. can you imagine being with or around someone like that?

K, Toad I was too late to the party and the question closed, but here's my opinion anyway.

I'm the same. Super serious types can be really annoying bummers.

But what about the polar opposite, where someone is all humor all the time and almost never takes anything seriously? XD

... aaaaand I just posted that twice... sorry for spamming up your notices guys XD

• serious is ok. retarded is not