Are liberals blind to reasons, statistics and facts?

• Yes, MOST ARE
  • NO (pls explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• Given that Republicans chose Trump, the opposite seems to be true.

Democrats chose Clinton... Neither side really has a moral highground this election everyone hates everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, conservatives simply like to ignore facts when it conflicts with their religion, business, and white supremacy.

facts are often disproven, amended, updated, and rendered obsolete.

As an atheist conservative with a racially diverse family I'm gonna have to call you on your over generalization there (though to be fair the poll taker also made one). Atheist conservatives are more likely to lean libertarian though because prohibiting marijuana gay marriage and the like are morally based and that moral code is ridiculous.

@Waffles731 please message me... I can't send you a message yet.

What Guys Said 21

• Conservatives.
    Liberals.
    They are all the same.
    They all got their own ideology , ideas of how the world should be run and then they both start coughing up statistics to prove their point. Politics is ripe for confirmation bias studies.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tzfl1wTemM

• No.
    I say that because all people (and I do mean all. Everyone. Even me, even you) hold views they have an emotional commitment to, and can find amazingly ways to work mental gymnastics in order to practice what seems to others like insane doublethink, that we can rationalize away, to deny truths, and the proof of those truths.
    So I vote no because, while liberals do do this, and it is a source of endless frustration... it is not something unique to the liberal mindset.

• I think everyone skews information to suite their view of the world. I don't get why peeople are so stuck on "I'm a democrat" " I'm a republican" or "I'm a Packers fan". Mind control!! Pure and simple.

• Yep. I think it's pretty clear. Bring out a fact and they'll call you a racist, homophobe, sexist... sorry guys, but facts can't be any of that.

• no more than conservatives. the truth is that people search out statistical evidence to support their world view, and as there is so much bad science and false research that you can find evidence to support almost any position.

• No dumb as fuck people are, age race, sex, political stance, education level has little merit when it comes to reason.

• lol its so pathetic to watch people argue for and against these parties.. theyre both thugs and criminals.. the only difference between a street gang and these 2 parties is that instead of wearing red or blue like the gangs, they wear brooks brothers suits..

have fun arguing for and against people who dont care about you lmao

• Liberals feel the same way about conservatives - The truth is probably somewhere in the middle

• They have no logic within debate lol. They argue their facts on the foundation of fallacy, thus their feelings.

• which ones are liberals? democrats right?

• yep.

• Most people in general all.

• maybe only the extremes and really ignorant ones.

• Define liberal. A lot of people were considered liberal a while back but nowadays the SJWs are screaming dirty conservative at them.

• No, what facts?

• completely, I think it's a mental disease, none of thier ploicies have ever been beneficial over time

• Wait, are we talking like Adam Smith liberals or hippie liberals?

• Lolz no.

• Lol this is going to be one of those question in which whenever party you vote for will determine your answer lol.

• why do the no's have to explain, but the yes's dont?

• Are you ignorant?

Yes. By the way. The answer is yes.

What Girls Said 6

• It's actually the other way around. For instance it's much less expensive to provide a single mother with support programs like WIC and Head Start when their children are young because it will help the mother pull herself out of poverty and give her children a better chance at college.

But conservatives usually HATE programs like that and insist people should work harder and keep their legs closed. Defunding those types of programs costs more in the long run because there are more people who are poor longer.

We also need to remember that the Republicans are actively anti-science. Soooooo

• The funny thing is, it's been proven over and over that the higher a persons IQ, the more likely they are to be liberal. Also more educated people tend to be liberal as well.

So I don't know as far as I know, an intelligent and educated person would probably pay more attention to facts and logic than the opposite. (The opposite is more likely to be conservative BTW)

Interestingly enough while social liberalism is linked to a higher iq so is Economic conservativism is also linked to higher iq. I am not trying to defend republicans I am defending economic conservatism. The people who understand economics best lean conservative I mean you can ignore them but would you not think its ridiculous to ignore the words of say a climatologist on climate change? I bet you would. Similarly I would trust Hawking over Gary Kasparov in matters involving physics despite the latter having an objectively higher iq.

@anonrom I'm fairly certain I'm not ignoring? I don't know what kind of response you're looking for.

by the way, you altered your information this time. Lol

• I wouldn't say most are but many are. But there are many great liberals they are usually those who aren't that far left though. But there are conservatives blind to facts to it's just there are many more liberals blind to facts because on average liberals tend to be dumber then conservatives.

• Liberal just means open, babe. You should try it.

• Lol yes they are. They only listen to the media

• No, that's just some unintelligent, whiny assumption that "conservatives" like to make because their favorite past time is often to bitch, moan, and prejudge their preconceived idea of "liberals".