Anybody heard of the head transplant surgery planned to happen in 2017?

Do you think it's possible

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they've been planning it for a long time. I'm pretty sure it's on some programmer dude. It's gonna be super cool to see what happens.

dude it's not just "some programmer dude" it's fuck'n Hotwheels...

Savior and protector of open and free conversation on the internet.

Most Helpful Guy

• when the head is chopped off you can still use your eyes to look around as long as there is enough blood in the head, this is just for a couple seconds though. if they can remove a head without it not losing too much blood it can work, but how will the nervous system be attached to the new body? i dont understand. how will this ever work?

What Girls Said 4

• If it is then Im buying the body of Candice Swanepoel..

• Can't be possible but it looks really interesting

• with an advance technology, it is possible

• haven't heard of it but I've no doubt its possible

What Guys Said 10

• Yup.

It's gonna work, they've done head transplants since the 50s. Is it ethical? Unsure, but it will make lives better.

What would really be amazing is if you could grow an e tire body out of stem cells with your DNA. That way when your current body gets damaged you can just swap it with a new one, with no tissue rejection.

• 1 more step towards futurama
    www.androidpolice.com/.../futurama3.jpg

• I think it still my a bridge too far at the moment though I saw a scientist the other day coming up with a glue for severed spinal chords that apparently is seen as very promising.

• Yes i have been following it closely. I think it is possible.

• I think it's possible at some point but that doesn't mean it will work now.

• Not at this time.

• Yeah, the scientific community except for that guy specifically says it won't work and he'll just be killing him via decapitation

The difficult bit is going to be how to stop the body from rejecting the new head and vice versa , not to mention the spinal chord healing process.
      I think they've done test on rats and dogs , they SAY the new spinal chord fusing glue works but it's still not peer-reviewed as of today.
      Literally on the forefront of science we are.

• Nope. He's a dead man

• I'm feeling dizzy seriously.

• As long as you can keep blood and oxygen to the brain It should be possible but i highly doubt they wouldn't be a paraplegic