Anybody heard of the head transplant surgery planned to happen in 2017?

Anybody heard of the head transplant surgery planned to happen in 2017?

Do you think it's possible

0|0
5|11

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes they've been planning it for a long time. I'm pretty sure it's on some programmer dude. It's gonna be super cool to see what happens.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

dude it's not just "some programmer dude" it's fuck'n Hotwheels...

Savior and protector of open and free conversation on the internet.

Most Helpful Guy

• when the head is chopped off you can still use your eyes to look around as long as there is enough blood in the head, this is just for a couple seconds though. if they can remove a head without it not losing too much blood it can work, but how will the nervous system be attached to the new body? i dont understand. how will this ever work?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• If it is then Im buying the body of Candice Swanepoel..

2|0
    0|0
  • Can't be possible but it looks really interesting

0|0
    0|0
  • with an advance technology, it is possible

0|0
    0|0
  • haven't heard of it but I've no doubt its possible

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 10

• Yup.

It's gonna work, they've done head transplants since the 50s. Is it ethical? Unsure, but it will make lives better.

What would really be amazing is if you could grow an e tire body out of stem cells with your DNA. That way when your current body gets damaged you can just swap it with a new one, with no tissue rejection.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1 more step towards futurama
    www.androidpolice.com/.../futurama3.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it still my a bridge too far at the moment though I saw a scientist the other day coming up with a glue for severed spinal chords that apparently is seen as very promising.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i have been following it closely. I think it is possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's possible at some point but that doesn't mean it will work now.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at this time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, the scientific community except for that guy specifically says it won't work and he'll just be killing him via decapitation

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

The difficult bit is going to be how to stop the body from rejecting the new head and vice versa , not to mention the spinal chord healing process.
      I think they've done test on rats and dogs , they SAY the new spinal chord fusing glue works but it's still not peer-reviewed as of today.
      Literally on the forefront of science we are.

• Nope. He's a dead man

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm feeling dizzy seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you can keep blood and oxygen to the brain It should be possible but i highly doubt they wouldn't be a paraplegic

0|0
    0|0