Have you been bullied before?

I was when i was 13 and obese and many guys made fun of me and called me names. I lost weight and turned out pretty well, now the guys who bullied me hit on me instead and some of them are now my friends.. i have no idea why but guys around that age want to be cool and bully others. I must be dumb for being friends with them but i have no idea how it turned out like that? anyway guys, did you have similar problems? I was on an unheatlhy strict diet with 13 because i felt so hated and fat.

Most Helpful Guy

• My own marriage had a rough beginning. The trouble started during the wedding planning. My wife’s family shelled out the money for the wedding, but they provided my fiancĂ©e with no help in planning the wedding. When she asked me for help, I just shrugged my shoulders. After all, I thought, that was the woman’s job.
    During our first year together, I acted like a spoiled brat. My wife was finishing up school and working so she was pulling late nights studying and waking up early. Rather than supporting her, I resented and complained about her schedule.
    After about a year of this, we finally had a big argument where I realized that I had burned through all the goodwill I had generated during our courtship. Unless I did something quickly, we were headed for a divorce.
    Trying to assert positional authority at that point would have only made the situation worse. Instead, I set out to rebuild my personal authority.
    I stopped complaining.
    I forced myself to be cheerful in all circumstances.
    I got involved in approving my wife’s decisions. Being a leader means that you are responsible for everything. You can delegate, but you are still ultimately responsible.
    Finally, I developed a vision for where I wanted our family to go, and I gradually got my wife to buy into that mission.
    In other words, the only way husbands can be leaders in their marriage, is to behave like leaders.
    My marriage didn’t change over night. It took several months of consistent living on my part before my wife began to believe that I was serious in fulfilling my role as husband. But it was well worth the effort. I found that when I exercised my role as a husband, my wife settled into her feminine role—naturally.
    A good marriage is one of the most satisfying things in life. Unfortunately, our culture is making traditional marriage something more and more difficult to achieve—and it is happening by design.
    That’s why I wrote my first book, Staying Married in a Degenerate Age. In the book, I discuss in detail what our cultural elites are planning for the institution of marriage. I also share practical advice that every couple needs to be aware of, including:
    How to cheat proof your marriage.
    Preventing divorce.
    Avoiding common money traps.
    Inoculating your marriage from the negative influence of the culture.
    Masculine leadership.
    Making your faith operative in your marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I was humiliated from 4th to 7th grade (7th grade being the worst school year ever) and had to deal with a few jerks in 8th grade.

I think social bullying, which I had to deal with can also be just as bad as physical bullying. It's the feeling of rejection as a whole and not belonging that no one kid deserves. No one deserves to be called names, isolated from the group nor treated like a disease to be avoided. One of the most upsetting even in 7th grade was when no one wanted to graded my math quiz and one girl even said ''ewww, I'm not grading that paper'', passed it to someone else and that other student didn't want to either. It took several ''passing it around'' for someone to finally accept it and grade it.

What Guys Said 27

• i was bullied. i was pretty skinny so people called me anorexic or thought i was gay

i am black but don't speak in the stereotypical slang/ebonics. i also like rock music and other music typically performed by white people so i was called an "oreo"

oreos r cute. esp the baby ones. i just had some today.
      sorry bout what happened

@SuperNovaRoyalty thanks. i'm good. i won't lie and say it didn't hurt. i won't lie and say i didn't shed some tears lying in bed at night. but ultimately i knew it was an issue of those bullies and not about me

• Nothing to do about "guys around that age", but with social hierachies.

Bullies are weak people who pick on even weaker ones to feel strong by being above them in the social hierachy. As an obese girl you were perceived as the weakest and thus picked on.

That is by the way the same reason why reality TV works. People who are already feeling low can feel better by seeing the show with people that are perceived even lower than them.

And yes, I was bullied a bit during 1st grade. A few days, then my mom told me "they only pick on you, if you let them pick on you". Good advice.

• Bullying is the story of my life.
    When I was 5yo I was beaten at school every week and then I'd get beaten at home for not having reacted in equal manner.
    When I was 8yo I was already being publicly humiliated.
    When I was 12yo the only reason I didn't go to a police station was because my mom knew I'd be embarassed of being subjected to a full-body exam to identify the bruises after getting beaten up by 18 colleagues.
    When I was 15yo I was a joke in multiple schools already.
    When I was 16yo I started to face anxiety disorders, mainly panic attacks.

I can't really say I feel as respected as I should (skinny guy, younger than most colleagues, etc) but I ain't going back to that shit. Not now. Not ever.

• I was lucky - I am not sure why but I think school's social politics have a lot to do with it - I went to a brand new High School, there was no older classes to set s precedent and there was hardly any bullying but a friend went back as a teacher and said it is really bad now for bullying.

• Started in 8th grade. I got gray hair only in the front. The rest was dark brown. Got made fun of that but I acted like I didn't care. Now I'm 26 and about half my hair is gray. Still sucks but I try to pretend like it doesn't bother me.

• For me I was usually the anti-bullies.
    I saw someone getting bullied I will go up and grab the bully and throw him inside a big rubbish bin and I did it a few times to a different people and they afraid to confront me because I usually lead a huge "gang" of people in middle school and high school
    And I tend to have most of the nerd on my side so they won't get bully by others
    There was once I toss a bully on to a table and broke the table in front of the teacher and I got suspended for 1 week. I guess it was worth it because there were no bully anymore in my school after that.

• Yeah, I now am tired of seeing it at first time.
    But if you are friend you can stop them at least.
    Now between me and nurse. My policy is that I make that win in surface because of it is what they want. They know they are wrong so they will not do that actually.
    I dont use it underground. Cause it is adult so you should consider they have family. Sometimes all base on the bottom. long story short

• Yeah once. Ended that real quick tho. Momma ain't raise no bitch.

• Yeah, but only verbally.

• Yes. I was a little fatty in school 😂

• When I was younger, but eventually I stood up to them and got some people that cared about me to help

• Yes. but I never allowed anyone to cross the line. Who would want to bully a guy with a strong brain Once they knew that my strengths lied in my brain and not in my body they were cautious.

• Definitely. In Jr. High and to a lesser extent in HS. Not after I was Sr. I learned to stand up for myself, and also some of the bullies matured. I think a lot of it was due to my self-hatred at the time, which I think was picked up on.

• When I was real young, like 10 years old
    There was a group of two or three who'd beat me up
    Typically my arms were held behind me and I was best against a soccer goal
    That was a long time ago

• Yes all my life I was very small and got bullied about it. Still do. There's nothing I can do to change it.

• I used to be in middle school. until I fought back then they didn't mess with again

• as i got older yes
    and the only reason is cause i was considered to violent
    so i had to calm down they said
    now i realize there stupid and wrong and i was right
    the whole time

• I was actually the bully. Girls are what stopped me from being one.

• for 3 straight in high school until i snapped and i broke the guy arms.

• No, i always lime with my crew that consist of 8 people

• For a few days back in grade school.

• I have, but not anymore. I actually bullied all my bullies. Revenge is sweet.

• I was in middle school a lot, and also in high school but it wasn't that much in high school.

• No noone bullied me.

• bullying is pretty normal.

• Yes, I was. I ended up putting one in the hospital. I ambushed him in an alley with a baseball bat...

• Kind of during elementary. Then I was beaten up, seen I'm not made of glass and learned how to fight. Started being friends with some skins and pretty much rulled through my hs. That beating saved me because I unknowingly went to worst hs in my area, there have been cases that kids went to shrinks due to bullying in that school.

What Girls Said 13

• Fortunately no.

I despise bullying of any sort. I've always intervened when I've seen people being bullied... from a very young age too. Even if it put myself at risk. It's an automatic reaction for me to stand up for vulnerable people

• yes, in my boarding school/high school.
    because my accent/slang was different from the local, and I'm coming from the city, so they said that I was show off. But I never thought about whatever they said, to me, they're ignorant and narrowminded of other people for no reason. So I started talking to other people who were bullied too, make friends with them, and be happy in my own small group, and also try to focus on my studies. I became the top student in my school, and suddenly people started to be nice to me, because for them I'm different and open minded to talk with. Also, I was an athlete and made my class won a lot of theater and sports activities. Suddenly I became famous because of my capability, so haters will be quiet on that time.

my advice is, ignore the haters, focus on yourself and be fabulous. people will recognize you and like you later. and u can say to your haters "kiss my ass now!" lol. good luck

• No, It has never happened to me.
    Though 2 guys in my class were bullied, they became socially awkward and It affected their life a lot. One of them is totally genius in maths and I am sure I'll see him doing great things in future.
    Second one was always socially awkward and he became just more locked in himself and doesn't trust anyone anymore. I don't know maybe he changed I've not seen him for years.
    And I don't know where they are now but I hope they are fine.

• Yup. I'm sorry they treated you that way. I've been in that situation. I was overweight and gawky and awkward between 13-17 and all the people who treated me like garbage then want my attention now that I'm tall and confident and skinny and leggy.

Fuck that shit. At least I've got thick skin now. Now I'm like a diamond and they're like glass.

• It was just a social thing. They used you to look cool. I don't think you should be their friend! If they acted that way before to impress people, why would they change now? they still need their approval right? That's probably why they're friends with you now... to impress those same guys who hurt you.

• Yes, I have. I was in third grade when it was at its worst.

• I've had the same problem where I was always told that I'm not pretty or too fat to be good looking and I remember the one time my dad told me " I don't know why you even bother its not anyone would be attracted to you" and then puberty hit (late bloomer) and the way people treated me changed

• Half of elementary, all of middle, and some of high school.

• Well, im 13 and there's been no bullying, but does anyone have advice to tell me they wish someone had told them? save me please

• I have been the majority of my life because my face is really ugly.

• Yes, for being quiet and being on my own

• Most of my life

• Yes, but for me it was the mean girls and not the boys. It happened twice to me and that depresses me to no end. It felt like I didn't learn from my mistakes... and not detecting that fakeness.

I think that it's very kind of you to be friends with them. I just get bitter at fake friends, like 'oh, you want to be friends with me now? Fk you'. I wouldn't trust them though. If you haven't already, search for other friends too. Ones who don't seem so shallow than those boys you hang with.