Is it bad that my boyfriend is still a little territorial over a girl from his past?

They were seeing each other just before him and I started dating.

They're still friends but lately I've noticed him talking to her a lot more since we started having problems AND now that she's interested in another guy.

he suddenly seems very interested in her life, especially her love life. On top of that he's made sexual jokes with her, suggesting that they hook up again.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It Appears here, dear, that He has not Totally moved on from her. She is Now... Rattling his chains, this Girl Ghost from the Past.
    Yes, be Concerned for now. Talk Turkey to him about this Chick. It could End up to be a "Triangle Threesome" Where you are Way at the Top, looking down, Side to Side, Stuck in the Midst of a Troubled Tide.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 8

• Uhmm yes. Lol what, those types of "jokes" aren't jokes, and they're totally inappropriate. That's disrespecting you and your relationship. This is an absolute no for me. It's fine if they talk, it's fine if he asks about her love life, whatever, he might just be nosy. But that last part is a huge issue for me. So whatever it is, yes it's bad.

• Red flag. They dated, they split and he moved on with you. He should be interested in your relationship and developing that and not be worried about what his ex is doing. As for the making of sexual jokes, he clearly still thinks of her in sexual terms.

• Yeah, that's pretty strange and would probably bother me a lot. Making sexual jokes and especially suggesting to "hook up" again are major red flags in my opinion. This is why I believe all past flings, lovers, etc. should be left in the past. Trying to "stay friends" with someone like that rarely works out and can cause problems in future relationships. You should probably try to talk to him about this and tell him how you feel, assuming you want to stay in the relationship.

• That wrong. No exceptions or excuses.
    A man that is really into you wouldn't do that.

Sorry to be so blunt but this guy sounds like a waste of time.

• your boyfriend is suggesting they hook up IN FRONT OF YOU?

• yes its bad cause it means that he still hasn't got over her yet

• Yes. He isn't over her yet.

• Um if my husband did that I'd kill him. That's boarder line cheating.