Is it true people with blue eyes can see in the dark better?

And is it true that people with brown eyes have a resistance to sunshine? I have blue eyes and when i travel with train and I get sunshine in the eye I am like blind af. But when i look at someone they dont even get bothered by it. And i also heard that people with blue eyes can see better in the dark. Like in Sweden its dark and everyone have blue eyes is it some sort of connection?

1|0
14|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always wondered this. I have very light gray eyes and the sun is practically unbearable to them. 😎

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all.

The pupil is whats responsible for light absorption, and its the same colour for everyone.

classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...912419.jpg

The iris only dilates and closes the pupil in response to the available light. It does not absorb light therefore has no effect on vision.

1|2
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• I think it's true, & scientifically proven somewhat. I've heard that apparently blue eyes see better in snow as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can only attest to the blue eyes part - I am also blinded by sun (but, scinetifically speaking, all light eyed people are), and in the dark I adjust fairly quickly, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my eye color.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think i see better at night. I notice all my friends have trouble reading or seeing stuff at night while i don't. It sounds like it kinda makes sense but if it is true i doubt i'd make any real difference.

0|1
    0|0
  • never heard of this tbh

0|1
    0|0
  • I have blue eyes and I'm totally night blind. Wouldn't be able to see anything. So, I proof your theory wrong lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know maybe but for the resistance to sunshine that's true blue eyes are more affected by it.
    When I compare with my sister who have brown eyes and me blue I'm always more effected by sun than her.

0|1
    0|0
  • i have brown eyes and am blinded by the sun easily, like every other normal human. also i can see very well in the dark, its not about the colour, its about how good your vision is

0|1
    0|0
  • People with light colored eyes (anything other than brown) have a harder time seeing in the sun. I have green eyes I have to wear glasses where by brown eyed friends have no problem on a really sunny day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have really blue eyes and I can see well in the dark. I prefer overcast days as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe :P I can see really well in the dark :)

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe because my eyes are brown and I can't see shit at night

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't know cuz blue eyes are all I've ever had

0|1
    0|0
  • I have blue eyes and my night vision sucks!!

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• eye color has no bearing on ability to see.

0|1
    0|0
  • Seeing as I don't think the colour of your iris has much of an effect on your pupil, I'm going to go with no on this one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have dark blue, gray, hazel eyes and I can see fine at dark and in bright light, I have glasses for far away.

1|1
    0|0
  • no its not

0|1
    0|0
  • Iris has nothing to do with sighting. The black spot in the middle is where you see from.

0|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

You dont see from that spot is just the place were you let the light pass in the later on translate it to a image

• 2mo

It's actually what i meant. Iris is just a muscle, light do not pass from it and eye colour do not affect sighting.

• no that's stupid.

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess.. but myself and my blue eyed family members on both sides have a hard time with glare from headlights. So while we can see better in dark, add bright lights pointed at you and there are big problems.

0|1
    0|0