Is it true people with blue eyes can see in the dark better?

And is it true that people with brown eyes have a resistance to sunshine? I have blue eyes and when i travel with train and I get sunshine in the eye I am like blind af. But when i look at someone they dont even get bothered by it. And i also heard that people with blue eyes can see better in the dark. Like in Sweden its dark and everyone have blue eyes is it some sort of connection?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've always wondered this. I have very light gray eyes and the sun is practically unbearable to them. 😎

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all.

The pupil is whats responsible for light absorption, and its the same colour for everyone.

classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/.../...912419.jpg

The iris only dilates and closes the pupil in response to the available light. It does not absorb light therefore has no effect on vision.

What Girls Said 13

• I think it's true, & scientifically proven somewhat. I've heard that apparently blue eyes see better in snow as well.

• I can only attest to the blue eyes part - I am also blinded by sun (but, scinetifically speaking, all light eyed people are), and in the dark I adjust fairly quickly, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with my eye color.

• I think i see better at night. I notice all my friends have trouble reading or seeing stuff at night while i don't. It sounds like it kinda makes sense but if it is true i doubt i'd make any real difference.

• never heard of this tbh

• I have blue eyes and I'm totally night blind. Wouldn't be able to see anything. So, I proof your theory wrong lol

• I don't know maybe but for the resistance to sunshine that's true blue eyes are more affected by it.
    When I compare with my sister who have brown eyes and me blue I'm always more effected by sun than her.

• i have brown eyes and am blinded by the sun easily, like every other normal human. also i can see very well in the dark, its not about the colour, its about how good your vision is

• People with light colored eyes (anything other than brown) have a harder time seeing in the sun. I have green eyes I have to wear glasses where by brown eyed friends have no problem on a really sunny day.

• I have really blue eyes and I can see well in the dark. I prefer overcast days as well.

• Maybe :P I can see really well in the dark :)

• maybe because my eyes are brown and I can't see shit at night

• I wouldn't know cuz blue eyes are all I've ever had

• I have blue eyes and my night vision sucks!!

What Guys Said 7

• eye color has no bearing on ability to see.

• Seeing as I don't think the colour of your iris has much of an effect on your pupil, I'm going to go with no on this one.

• I have dark blue, gray, hazel eyes and I can see fine at dark and in bright light, I have glasses for far away.

• no its not

• Iris has nothing to do with sighting. The black spot in the middle is where you see from.

You dont see from that spot is just the place were you let the light pass in the later on translate it to a image

It's actually what i meant. Iris is just a muscle, light do not pass from it and eye colour do not affect sighting.

• no that's stupid.

• I guess.. but myself and my blue eyed family members on both sides have a hard time with glare from headlights. So while we can see better in dark, add bright lights pointed at you and there are big problems.