What Is Your Favorite And Least Favorite Movie Genre And Why?

I've Seen A Lot Of People Say Their Least Favorite Movie Genre Is Horror I Don't Know Why

Most Helpful Girl

• I hate horror movies. To me they are just plain stupid. I can see how people could like them because its a thrill (like a roller coaster ride is). However, most of them suck because they have horrible plots and usually not very good acting. They don't consentrate on the plot because they are too busy trying to make people jump.

My fave genre would be comedy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Favorite- comedy and action cause I like funny and I like action. Also, thriller movies cause I like clever plots

Least favorite- horror cause they have the dumbest characters... You know the murderer is in the kitchen so DONT GO IN THE FUCKING KITCHEN 😑

What Girls Said 15

• My Favorite is Romance. My least is Murder.
    Even though I love Investigation Discovery Channel with Murder and Mayhem, it's True Stories with Gories, and Not Made up stuff, Many times at the Movies.
    Good luck and Great question, @Red88xxx, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• my favorite it horror, but i get scared.. and stay scared for a while... but its still super exciting and fun to watch :)

least favorite is spoof movies. they are just not funny to me.

• I don't know if you can call that a genre, but I love historical movies. (good) movies set in Roman/Greek times or during the Second World War are what I enjoy the most. Like Troy, Gladiator, Fury, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan and so on.
    My least favorite is horror... Simply because I'm a scaredy cat haha I can never sleep after a horror movie 😰

• Horror is my absolute favorite genre because they are far more interesting than any other genre. They have awesome storylines, the effects are great and the actors and actresses really show their talents in those kind of movies.
    My least favorite would be westerns. Im not one for time period movies anyway. I like a film that takes place more recently, its easier to relate to.

• IKR I LOVE HORROR MOVIES! But my favorite is action i guess. Stuff like divergent, suicide squad, hunger games, how to train your dragon (THE THIRD MOVIE IS COMING OUT IN 2018 AND IM LITERALLY COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS)

• Horror is my favorite genre, drama is my least favorite, they are so boring.

• Scary movies and Scary movies :L

• Horror because I suck at watching horror movies, because i'm easily scared. Even horror movie trailers are bad for me too lol

• Horror is my favorite and my least favorite would be history or biography

• Favorite: horror
    Least favorite: Historical/Western oldies.

• The only movies I will watch is comedy. The worst movies are action/sci fi.

• Favorite would have to be romcom and horror
    Least favorite would have to be documentary

• romantic, I forever single so... yeah :(

• Fave i comedy cause i love to laugh
    Least fave is horror as im just not into that

• I love independent movies... not to picky about genres here. Not a fan of most big money block busters but if I had to pick a genre here it would be action o... basically thing with a weak plot, without much of one or just bad or weak writing.

What Guys Said 10

• My favorite genre is drama. I also like thrillers a lot or a crossover of drama and thriller.

My least favorite genre is comedy. The problem with comedies is that it's extremely hard to make good ones. 99% of the comedies out there are just dumbed-down stupid flicks with primitive fecal or sex humor. Even highly esteemed comedians such as Robin Williams produced very lame humor in my opinion. Most of his comedies were just stupid and silly. Ironically, he was a great actor nonetheless, which can be seen when you watch the few dramas he starred in.

• My favorite is historical dramas. "Band of Brothers" is my all-time favorite TV mini-series. My least favorite is the sci-fi/futuristic/apocalyptic stuff, especially if it doesn't have any really pretty girls in the lead roles! :)

• Comedy will always be my favorite. I've never been to big of an action movie guy. It's just kind of like "oh, wow, that thing just exploded, I'm on the edge of my seat, this is so enthralling🙄😒"

• favorite... action/suspense
    least favorite... horror (at least in terms of what i watch the least)

• Love action/comedy movies, don't like the chick flick type movies

• Indie films are the best, and blockbuster comedies are the worst.

• Comedy or thrillers my favorite.. least favorite horror haha

• Im a romance guy, I like romance and comedy. I always hated horror. There is enough horror in the real world, why would you want to see fake horror

• I dislike horror and what i like depends a bit on my mood

• science fiction and musicals are my favorites, Stuff that totally sucks murder mysteries and slasher crap. Any thing that glorify the violent criminal is to me a pro crime propaganda that belongs in the garbage. I do however like the vigilante movies in which the criminals and bigots get wiped out.