Can you be friends with someone wih opposing political beliefs?

With the exception of being pro-discrimination and pro-killing people (except death penalty) i get along with anyone.

i have friends who won't talk to people who support the wrong canidate

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course I can. I already do.
    I'm Pro-Palestinian and my Jewish friend is Pro-Israel, could it be any more opposite political views? We just try not to open the subject and focus on the things we have in common, for example our similar cultures since we're both North Africans or the fact that we are both conservative while our other friends are more liberal (we're usually on the same side in social debates).
    I have opposite political views even with many family members (national politics,! my parents and I support the opposition in Tunisia and my uncles support the current party in power but I still love all my family.
    When it comes to marriage though, I prefer some not extremely opposite to me. For example we can disagree on national politics but would prefer to be on the same page when it comes to international politics.

What Girls Said 11

• I really don't care as long as they're not too far on the spectrum, and that goes for either far left or far right (nothing extreme is good).

• I think for this election specifically, the candidates are so polar opposite that it's understandable in certain circumstances or on certain topics. I've so far never seen as great of a divide when it comes to an election but that's due to these two people having such radical differences in their platforms.

• Yes. My best friend and long term lover is voting for Trump. Im Hillary. We just agree not to talk about politics... We have other thibgs we can chat about. Because neither one of us can listen without fighting about our beliefs. You have to ask yourself would you rather be happy or would you rather be right? If happy is the answer just dont discuss what you both disagree about.

• I can lol and we like to piss each other off. I have lots of conservative friends, even trump supporters, and I don't mind.

• It depends on how extreme their views were

• I don't mix politics with friendships.

• hmmm that's why i try my best and not get involve with politics-related debates

• Pro killing? Identify pro killing cause to me killing a human in the womb and death penalty is pro murder.
    Can i have friends with differing beleifs yea but no too different.

• I live in the most liberal state ever and most people my age are liberal. if avoided people with opposite politics, I'd have no friends. Lol they have different beliefs but they're still cool and I wanna be friends

• I am friends with people who have different political views. I don't really care about politics anyways.

• Yes a lot of my good friends are hard conservatives and I am a hard libral. We disagree on topics like religion, politics, environment, schools... but we're still good friends and I still enjoy talking to them. I like people who are passionate about their beliefs even when they differ from mine.

What Guys Said 13

• It's very hard to do. A gal I wanted to date fell hook line and sinker for all that BLM crap. She cannot be objective on cases now. When she heard about Terence Crutcher, she refused to hear any side of it other than the BLM-approved early "report" CNN delivered. And flipped out when I showed her a cleaner video recording that contradicted CNN's claims. And flipped out even more when I mentioned that Crutcher had PCP in his system.

She was SO CONVINCED that it was a racially-motivated act of murder, that the mere suggestion that CNN lied was offensive to her. (Even though this is the same CNN caught many times in the past fabricating facts. Or that their buddies over at NBC have been sued for doctoring evidence in major court cases.)

• Sure, one of my buddies is on the complete opposite end of the political and religious spectrum. It just makes me love talking about it all the more. It's fun for me.

• Well it's kinda hard when they are inherently wrong and support things like a religious government based on Christian ideology

• I don't really have any strong political beliefs so I suppose I could.

• Yea, I've always had friends of opposing political beliefs and religions. Just depends on whether or not they're good people/fun to be around. I don't like asshole people.

• I am friends with politically different people.

• Of course, then again i don't readily discuss politics with people really. The one type i can't deal with is the hyper-political conspiracy type of person. I can only indulge them for so long.

• as long as both can be civil about it yes

• Many of my friends have different views than me. Hell, my best friend is a huge Sanders supporter.

• Depends on how open minded they are about it.

• Yeah I can.

• Im pro discriminating against people you're about to kill!

And no, never being friends with those commie bastards!

• Polar opposite opinion.. Probably not..