Can you/Do you Enjoy talking about Sensitive Topics Without Getting Offended?

Politics
Religion
Philosophy
Climate Change
Superior Food
Demography
Crime
etc

I really enjoy learning new things and gathering new ideas, i find it intellectually stimulating to debate and discuss topics on the quality of their points and arguments. Yet, I have only ever found one person that I can discuss things with calmly without them getting offended. For example, If I said I support Trump to an extreme Lefty, many would just instantly get angry and begin shouting at your different opinion if you try to discuss it on the points of validity, the argument is dismissed from the offset.

Are you able to discuss and enjoy talking about topics without losing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I don't get offended by other peoples opinions. I enjoy people who are passionate about what they believe in even if it goes against what I believe. I hate when people get offended... after ll we don't have to agree. The world would be boring if everyone just agreed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. I get argumentative but im. not actually angry. Im just prodding for a greater challenge to my way of thinking. Im never feelimg. anger, although sometimes it seems others do when I push. Its a pity because when I debate, I really like to have one of three outcomes 1. agree to disagree, if its a subjective matter 2. they dismantle my arguments and I've got nothing to say, which forces me to expand or change my perspective or 3. they dont dismantle my arguments, and i look for other challenges to my world view.
    If my arguments are dismantled, then I've just been shown a new way of seeing things and thats pretty amazing.

What Girls Said 5

• Aye I love controversy

• I hate controversial topics, not because I get offended (I don't), but because others always get offended/try to insist I have to share their way of thinking.

• Depends how crazy their opinion is and my exceptions are animal cruelty and abortion topics. I can get pretty pissed off by those.

• I don't talk those things with people that are sensitive about it you know hardcore fans, but I'm able to talk about it and accept others points of view, cuz at the end every brain is a different world.

• i don't or rarely answer questions of the sexual nature because they usually don't fit with my beliefs so i don't like to preach.

What Guys Said 21

• Absolutely! I am not shy and I don’t get embarrassed. I don’t get offended by sensitive topics and enjoy debating them, talking about the, and developing better understanding about it all. If you have something in mind, then let me know. I’m ready!

• yes. i'm much more likely to offend because I'm very good (and trained) at debate, knowledgeable on the topics I'm passionate about and tend to destroy the opponents' argument.

One of my best training methods is to go to debate. org and take the OTHER point of view. Like even though I'm technically atheist, I'll take the "pro-God" side of the argument, thus arguing with other atheists (who have no fucking clue what they're getting into). The best way to win at debate is to know the opponents' arguments better than they do. I rarely get upset-I'll get loud and crass, but not upset lol

• I can if the opinions aren't stupid. And I'm not offended by opinions. What gets me is the fact that many millions of people have the same stupid logic as that person. Like, I don't think it's wrong for you to think the earth is flat, but as long as you realize you're wrong that the earth is flat, I don't care. Moreover, I get shocked over the fact that millions of other people are dumb enough to think the earth is flat as well

You can't know something is wrong but still believe it. That's contradictory.

He believes there is another, quicker way. He does not know he is wrong.

• I don't like them because I don't really feel that attached to either side while the people who like to argue about that stuff usually are. They have this "Im right and you're ignorant" sort of attitude towards anyone who doesn't agree with them.

• I'm like you. I enjoy conversational rational discourse. I also find there are very few people who can avoid becoming emotional, angry or offended.

• I certainly can. I'm friends with a girl who's a Jehovah's Witness, and I'm an atheist, and we occasionally have conversations about belief. One of our first ones was me insisting that I have morals even though there's no higher power to punish me.
    There are some things though that I don't care to debate the opposing side about. To continue with your Trump example, I would never discuss with someone why they would vote for him. I know he does have good features, but I don't care what they are because for me, his negatives are far too negative for anything to make up for them.

• Never had any fights about these topics with anyone, yet yeah I talked a lot about them to several people. But no doubt are many people who get easily offended, but those get kinda offended by everything anyway, dont need these topics to do that.

• The topic is irrelevant. It's the person I'm talking to, that can cause offense.

• It turns into a battle too quickly so I avoid them usually

• I can, the only thing that bothers me is when people are so rigid in their thinking that they can't see something from a different angle.

• I don't lose it, but I don't change my mind most of the time.

• I can enjoy it with my friend of 21 years. We disagree on some stuff, but we both try to make logical points in our discussions.

• Yeah. Personally I enjoy learning differing points of view than my own. I'll often pose an opposite view than one I hold simply for good discourse and discussion. I've found that in order to hold the beliefs I have, I must also experience the other side and understand it—otherwise, my belief isn't grounded in the real world.

• yep.

• I love when I find somebody capable of having conversations like that. Unfortunately, not many people are willing to do it without getting offended or going on the attack.

• i can yes. i am not fragile.

• Political, Crime and Economical no, I get really pissed off.

• Easily

• Hell yeah.

• I can discuss any topic as I'm not offended by anything.

• every one of those topics, are trollable, and should not be brought up on here. the number one trolling topic in the world, being, abortion