How can I stop thinking about the end of human race?

One of my biggest fears is that one day human race might stop existing. I don't know, but I'm afraid that this might come true one day. I just refuse to believe that humans will stop existing one day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Itll be long after you're dead anyways so what does it matter...

What if I come back to earth, during the time humans are about to extinct?

Yes, don't laugh... I believe in reincarnation.

Then you'll deal with it then. No use in worrying about it now when there's nothing you can do.

I tend to worry a lot about the "being born" thing. Usually it happens when I'm about to sleep. Like "What if I was born 2000 years ago, in those obscure years?", or "What if I was born in Ethiopia and died from hunger as a kid?"

And such things...

Most Helpful Guy

• Everything that we can conceive is finite. We are finite. We will die out one day. Whether it be tomorrow, or in a billion years, we will end. The way you can best delay that is aid in the spacial colonization.

That's the point I've been trying to tell him. Nothing and I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that we ever created are completely 100% indestructible and can never ever possibly die, there is no way around it, well, at least as of now anyways, really far distant into the future, no way to know for certain. Everything we ever built or created can be damaged or destroyed although some things like big structures such as the Pyramids in Egypt are more resilient and resistant to total destruction than others.

Space colonization is one possible way that might work to delay the possibility, should the Earth and the Solar System collapses entirely later on such as when the Sun dies and becomes a SuperNova and then a Black Hole. And even then no absolute guarantees, as long as we're still alive, just take it easy one day at a time and enjoy whatever time there is that is available, since we're all on a time limit here whether we like it or not.

What Girls Said 2

• just seize the day as much as possible

• It is inevitable and will never affect you since you'll most likely be dead by then.

What Guys Said 12

• Relax, we're not ever going do completely all die AT THE SAME TIME ANYTIME SOON. Have you watched the movie A. I. Artificial Intelligence? Well at the end of that movie the human race is pretty much done for, but that's in the "thousands" of years later. It had to do with climate change, overpopulation and severe flooding from effects of rising water levels caused by global warming, and then eventually over time an Ice Age occurs, and humanity just didn't make it, but the Androids, and Intelligent and Sentient Machines humans had built had became humanity's "legacy". I would kind of hope for and expect this anyway, that what we create will surpass us eventually to try and save us the best it could and if it could not, then salvage all of our hard work and effort, all the things we've designed, created, put our heart time and effort into, all backed up across quadrillions of servers across near endless networks on various planets beyond Earth.

Since death is inevitable and unavoidable, extinction is eventual and possible.

All life eventually ends in death, even "biologically" Immortal life can die.

Nothing that ever lived or exists is exactly 100% Indestructible as much as I hoped for and want it to be such.

Eventually you just have to learn to let go of the fears and keep on moving forward, because that's really the only best thing to do.

If humanity succeeds and make space colonization into reality then probability of extinction can be somewhat if not substantially reduced. But as of now, nope, we've got a long way. Although I would think that the sooner it becomes real and possible then the better, or so I would hope for.

• There are plenty of bad things to worry about, I had the same problem for a year or two but eventually you learn to compartmentalize these things. Yes it could happen but there's nothing you can do about it so store it a way for when you have some free time or it becomes relevant. Failure to put things in context is the cause of many of our biggest problems

• I dont think it's realistic to think humans will live indefinitely. Eventually we will probably die out.

Maybe, perhaps unless somehow this can be substantially reduced via very advanced technology like nanomachines or nanotechnology. And if all of the materials we currently only have on Earth can't make it happen, maybe there are materials from beyond earth that we might be able to find that might make it eventually possible? Who knows?

Either that or some really highly advanced technology from intelligent extraterrestrials or something, but I doubt we'll be able to acquire it easily or anytime soon since they're not anywhere in proximity to our planet.

@JudgmentDay
      Yeah but I can't really see the appeal of living as cyborgs that feel nothing and know almost everything.

@Bandit74

I get what you mean, even if it was ever possible it would not be for everyone. There will be catches and big costs for surviving through the use of such technological means and advancements.

It will not be easy and it will be not completely free of consequences.

But let's say that was the bleak very long distant possible future and that it's down to those 2 remaining options left to the last very few surviving humans:

to either give in and die out completely

or to upgrade and transform themselves at all costs to risk everything to keep on existing.

Wouldn't you think some of them would be willing to risk it at all costs and go through that whole process to upgrade and still exist and survive at all costs somehow instead of merely just giving in to the inevitable?

I think they would still risk it and try it, although not all will follow and not everyone should and as some would rather accept their inevitable naturally intended fate.

• Who cares? F*ck humans dude.

• By the time you're dead they'll still be alive dw

• Why is that hard to believe? Sure its be nice if it didn't, but the possiblities are endless why not just enjoy what you got

• shrugh it off and enjoy your time cos yeah, we're gonna be all dead one day but in the meantime... what FUN

• You will end one day for sure, you should care less about existence of humanity.

• Hm think they won't. They will leave earth and colonize on other planets if necessary.

Depending upon how the domino effects of climate change and overpopulation plays out, worst case scenario Nuclear War breaks out as a result from it all or something, but even then that may not be enough to guarantee an extinction, although it will likely turn into a wasteland dystopian world like in the Fallout games or such as the world portrayed in many post nuclear apocalyptic fiction, namely the Mad Max movies.

Don't forget about the possibility of a SuperVolcano erupting. Even if we do not completely die out, there will be a substantial amount of casualties should something like that ever were to occur.

Then there's the giant asteroid or meteor scenario but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever.

And then there's also plagues, deadly viruses and pathogens that are high contagious with no cure, but that is also unlikely to happen as of now, although I've heard about Zika Virus and bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics due to overuse of antibiotics.

• Why do you care?

• live your life to the fullest