Are some girls genuinely telling the truth when they say looks don't matter as much?

So are some girls genuinely honest about this when they say it?

• yes some girls are telling the truth
  • no they're just being nice
  • i honestly don't know

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

• Some girls probably.

Looks matter but THEY'RE NOT THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS. They matter just a bit less than personality.
    If he is hot but with the personality of a wet paper towel, then he's as likely to be rejected (by me) as a guy I find unattractive regardless of how smart or funny he is.

Most people want someone they're fully attracted to, looks and personality, and an abundance in one area will not compensate for what you lack in the other.

I want both and I don't settle. If he's hot but a dick, bye Felicia. I'd rather be alone.

True however buchita, you mentioned that if the attraction is not there from the beginning then it won't work everybody differs in this area some people feel attraction can grow, and to others such as yourself no. True a blend is the natural selection but eventually one outweighs the other in time and I've also noticed a hostility to the phrase "looks don't matter to me" why do people start conflict when someone say's this? We all have different minds we all interpret scenarios and visualisation differently and for one person to oppose the masses ends with insults calling that person a liar.

• Some? Sure.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes and no. And that goes for both genders.

I think what this statement really means is, "I don't *have* to have someone who meets society's standards for perfection." So in that sense, no, looks don't matter that much.

But at the same time, yes, looks and attraction do matter. It's just not a one-size-fits-all kinda thing.

• You forgot the real option... NO and it's not because they're being nice! It's because they don't want to admit to being shallow... apparently only men can be shallow. The TRUTH is women judge by looks... period. NO WOMAN would even talk to an ugly guy no matter how many good traits he may have... period.

• ppppppppffffffffsssssshhh
    "im more into personality than looks"
    said no girl ever

And then watch them creaming their panties over 50 Shades of Grey.
      Sure. Sure.

@Unit1 same to you, ;)
      *brofist*

*brofist* ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)===}

• Well looks aren't AS important to a man as they are to a woman, but good looks on a male are a very, VERY good stepping stone.

Think of this way, for a woman to be a man's wife, it's in some ways crucial that she be attractive. For a man to be a wife's husband, it's not CRUCIAL... But it's still pretty damn desirable.

So I guess yeah, in a way they are sort of bullshitting you, but I genuinely think some women have convinced themselves of this, so you can't really get angry at them.

I mean put it this way, do you think looks are gonna be a completely, 100% ancillary factor to a man who looks like this, or do you think the odd girl has probably spoken to him for that reason, specifically?

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../Poldark2.jpg

Messed up on the first sentence, meant to say "looks aren't AS important to a woman as they are to a man."

• No, they're full of shit when they say this.

• Yes, but you have to have something to offer. If you're just a cool dude that makes her feel good when you're around her, your height and looks really won't matter much. But you should still do things to improve looks wise, because they will help you.

Ya definitely i hear ya bro and I'm not saying all girls just some, even guy's as well.

• Its truee, they love me for my fabulous personality

• Yeah of course

• I mean. Taylor Swift is pretty damn ugly. But if you're around someone ugly long enough, and they wear enough makeup, sooner or later you get used to it. And moar.