Do you believe in fate?

Do you believe in fate and that everything in your life happen for a reason? I personally don't believe in stuff like that. Just a random question. I'm curious what you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do lean towards having a deterministic viewpoint so yeah kinda. Like I believe we make choices but in a way we make the choice we werre predetermined to make based on all prior events and variables and that given a scenario with those exact same conditions there is no other way you could have acted.

Most Helpful Girl

• No i don't. I think some things happen due to our own mistakes and wrong choices, or right lol Other things happen due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control , or caused by other people.

Regardless of what happens in our lives , we all die one day. Most people i know who believe in fate just say it as a way of feeling better about the things that go wrong in their lives

If our lives are planned out then that would mean our responses /reactions towards events in our lives and emotions are controlled too by some outside force, because i have changed how i respond to some certain things in my life. So certain events have changed due to my change of attitude or outlook towards it.

What Guys Said 15

• Well being the smart ass I am.

The law of cause and effect clearly shows that everything is an effect of some cause ;) whether its god, an infinite cycle of big bangs or a man at the center of a SMBH looking for a circuit breaker, I don't know.

• not in that sense of the word. im not religious. but i do think there is cause and effect to everything. there are just too many variables involved for us humans to understand, never mind predict. chaos theory i think its called

• Maybe. Not sure

• Do you mean as far as our lives have already been predetermined? Eh maybe. At least makes more sense than karma lol.

• In some things,
    Most things are the result of the actions of people and other things.
    However I do that a few important things tht affect ALL of us are destined to happen

• I think there is a reason we meet the people we do. I wouldn't call it fate tho.

• Everything does happen for a reason we just don't know what that reason is but it has to because everything someone does or says has a thought and reason behind it and everything that happens has something to take from it

• Yes, i believe in faith, But hope that is seen is not hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have?

• nope

• I believe in fate but since you don't know what is going to happen it is random for you. Fate knows what decision you will make but you don't know yet yourself until it happens.

• so Hitler killing the Jews was fate.

Japan pilots bombing Pearl Harbor was fate.

Albert Einstein not becoming a dead Jew was fate.

People having or dying from cancer was fate.

Hillary Clinton becoming a bigot was fate.

Hitler going to Africa training black nazis that was fate.

If fate is true then I don't want fate

• I believe someone is about to tell me about fate

• Everything is connected and related to faith. Its the future that has been written and can't be changed.

• Yes I do I think everythings have a reson to happen and everything is already planned

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, kinda... although, I would never blindly rely on it

• Meh I guess

• to be honest i am not sure about fate anymore

• Yes I do