My dad has cheated with a teenager, should I tell?

My dad is a stockbroker and he used to sleep with a sixteen year old student of his not long time ago. I saw them kissing in their car, that's all the evidence i got, so i know he was doing it but i haven't told anyone about it, not even my dad. He is 44, my mom is 47. Is it bad if i keep it a secret?

2mo It was legal guys, so it wasn't statutory rape.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck no. If anything, confront your dad but do NOT get in the middle of their marriage by telling your mom.

Down vote away people but... it's a bad idea.

#VoiceOfExperience

I kind of agree with you.

What Girls Said 8

• I think the best thing for you to do is to get a day out with your mother alone and just tell her that you want to spend the day with her. When you do, you need to tell her honestly what you saw. Make sure that your absolutely certain that this is the truth. Tell her you have no other evidence except you did see him with a minor, one of his students making out.

Then you have to ask her despite what she have been told, what is she going to do about it. That kind of secret should be handled carefully with care. You can't go to the police about it, because both your father and the 16 year old will deny that it happened. Your father is bound to deny it anyway. That is left up to your mother now. And that is if she believes it or even WANT to believe it. Because you need to remember that she has been with your father for a long time. You have no idea what is her mindset like and if she is weak willed, forget it. And you never know. She might even knew about the cheating.

• In your update you say it was legal... but if the girl is 16... I'm pretty sure that's not legal.

Even if it is where you live, it sure as fuck isn't ok!

In the UK age of consent is 16.

@Waffles731 They are developed and can have sex with whoever they want tough.

Just because he may be physically developed doesn't mean she is an adult... teenagers brains are no where near finished development and it's not ok for adults to take advantage of that.

I know he's your dad and you want to think he's a good person, but in this particular situation he is NOT a good guy.

• I'm not quite sure what your dad's profession has to do with any of this?

You can talk to your dad about it? If you really want to keep it a secret do, but it'll stay on your mind

• Ahhh that's bad... a 16 year old with a 44 year old? What were they thinking? As much as telling can hurt people honesty is always the safer route... it clears the air, people can move on and you won;t be blamed for keeping silent in the future.

I agree it's weird.

• tell your mom about it

• Tell your mom.

• Maybe get your dads side of the story but from what I've read your mother definitely needs to know, even if it hurts.

• You should black mail your father.
    That's the right approach

For what?

You caught him cheating. Now you can get anything from him if you promise to jeep your mouth shut...

You know what? i like you

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah tell the cops because that's statutory rape...

It's legal in UK.

I don't think it's the same for both genders, but i appreciate your opinion.

You couldn't even answer my question... Your dad CHEATED ON YOUR MOM. Why is the fact that she's 16 relevant if it's legal in the UK?
      www.troll.me/.../...-a-troll-but-youre-a-troll.jpg

• Brah. First. Have a drink with your dad. Pour the old man a shot and take one yourself. Ask him to give you a few stories. Learn something from his persuasive skills. Remember them! He must be a man and a half to be boning 16 year old girls.

Now if you value your mom's feelings. You'd then go meet a bud. Drink a few beers and cherish the moments you've had as a 'family'. Proceed to tell your mom because after this, things may never be the same again

BUT it's not fair to your mom. So you have an obligation here BUT first see what your dad has to say about all this, over a few drinks of course

• It was cheating, i think you should tell.

• No, keep it to yourself.

• How long since this happened?

If he slept with a student, his supervisor will almost certainly fire him. Your mom will almost certainly divorce him.

So exposing all this will almost certainly ruin his life.

2 weeks ago.

I would go against her, i like my dad.

I'd value speaking the truth in defense of my mom victimized by a lying cheater. But I understand you wanting to protect your dad.

• I don't know... i wouldn't get involved. I'd tell your dad first and see what his excuse is. Hopefully this is enough for him to come clean fearing you'll tell her.

Be prepared for the fall out though.

• Get his ass locked up.

You seem bitter, why should i do that for consensual sex?

Thanks for stating the obvious

I DO NOT DENY he is pathetic but i do not see it as wrong either, do you get where i am coming from?

• Statutory rape so yes

It is not.

Opinions? Questions ARE NOT WHERE YOU SHARE OPINIONS. It's where you ask questions... (something that you're not doing)

@Library You got it all wrong, i answered your questions. Look at what i said. You are not reading.

• You have no proof and will at best succeed in breaking up your parents' marriage.

They were making out, kissing , how is that no proof?

I totally saw Satan riding a unicorn today.

I have as much proof of that as you do of what you claim you saw.

• Talk to that teenager first however

I don't know who she is.

• Adultery seems so much more palatable than pedophilia...

He is far from a pedophile, you know it. She was mature, not a child.

But some teenagers are mature for their age and there is no really difference between them and adults. They are fully developed, especially girls.

Physically, yes, but the second they open their mouths it becomes painfully obvious.

• Let the old man have some fun with fresh juicy pussy, for fuck's sake.

• No. It's not of your business.

• When are secrets good?