Does true freedom exist?

Like I feel like your always limited on freedom and the only thing that seems to give you more freedom is money.

Most Helpful Girl

• No! If true freedom was real, then:

I wouldn't loose friends or family for being bisexual
    I wouldn't loose friends or family for being atheist
    I wouldn't loose friends or family for being liberal
    I wouldn't have to watch what I say around people
    I wouldn't have to hide who I am

If true freedom existed:
    When I told my best friend tonight that I am bisexual, she would have said "okay, that's fine" instead of pretending like I didn't say anything and not responding.

My family and friends would know I'm atheist and would love me and accept me anyways.

My family and friends would be alright with me being liberal

I would be able to say what I wanted and people would accept me anyways

People would love everyone for who they are.

seems your not actually aware of what freedom means so ill quote google for you
      "the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants"
      everything you have said is actually incredibly against freedom as you do not seem to be doing/saying the things you want 2 because you are unable to control how people will react/feel 2 said things
      the hole thing with your friend is you being upset because she didn't say what you wanted her to say which opposes free speech also you sound fairly depressed about things you should get that checked out

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, because from my very own perspective "true" freedom would easily result in or meant "absolute" chaos for everyone and everything. Everyone and everything could then do whatever they want to do, or not do anything that they don't like to do or want to do even when they're obligated to do them.

Also, I feel there really is no "true" freedom because simply the fact we're all just very limited, very fragile, very vulnerable mere mortal beings made up of flesh, blood, and bone that can be gone unexpectedly at ANY time. Otherwise we wouldn't always have to constantly maintain our very existence in order to survive, and in which does cost money.

Just try and imagine for a second if we all had been brought into existence differently, such as that in which we had always been indestructible beings from the get-go when we were first brought into existence, with absolute no responsibilities ever at all forced upon us and to burden us, never had to starve, feel thirsty, tired, and various substantial amounts of limitations for being mere mortal beings made up of matter consisting primarily of flesh, blood and bone. Then would that not be a possibility of "true" freedom? No rules, no pain, no suffering, no oppression, no sadness, etc., as they all would then be entirely redundant.

But since it's not possible that way, ever. Nope, we're limited simply by what we are and only can be. So therefore "true" freedom wouldn't exist and would only be an illusion or delusions even if it ever did.

Thanks for MHO!

@Libray, @Unit1, what you guys think of what I said here. I know @Unit1 you and I had gone over and talk about this before.

Well, it's true.
      I'd like to add, that the system is completely rigged and the world runs on money. Society has become way too materialistic. Whatever you do you always need money. Like if you want to travel around, which some people have no difficulties doing so multiple times a year, someone else is saving up for one trip for 3 years. An unfair system, limiting freedom.

You as a human are a slave, a minion, you have to work in order to keep living just above poverty lines, some are even worse off. And then there are some high status elitist class citizens, who are at the top and can afford to throw away money, excess food or expired technologies at the eyes of the starving survivors.

It it impossible for people to become free like that because if it would, nobody would lack freedom.

My freedom is heavily restricted because of the lack of a job, hence the lack of money and hence the freedom and basic human needs.

Yes there is no such things as true freedom. There are laws guiding us. People will give us consequences for our actions. We are always pressured to conform to society's standards whether or not we like to admit it. There are always things (money, laws, people and etc.) that limit us from doing what we want.

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 19

• Nope. We are all slaves and we have our limitations.

Slaves to money, slaves to technology, even slaves to nature. I don't want to get old but no one asks me lol

• Yes, but it has many enemies that will do anything to undermine it. Do not expect much of it in the 21st century. Modern-day Nimrods have been hard at work - especially in the West- to replace it with only the illusion of freedom.

• I think wealth, looks, and IQ determine how much influence you have and what you can do. However, I don't think you can ever have complete freedom.

• Realistically, there is no such thing as complete freedom. Just more flexible.

• True freedom would have to go beyond the limits of life. In fact, you'd HAVE to be God in order to live with full freedom.

• Not in many years. That's why I am so baffled by the vast majority of people wanting to fuck up the few freedoms we still do have.

• NO, the Human species has always been slave. Even the super rich who seem to be in control have a master that they fear immensely

• there is no real freedom anymore
    we lost it thousands of years ago

why do we pay for a plot of land or a house ever month?
    why does the government try to control everything we do
    why is a shiny rock in the ground so important lol

its not
    its just a control system
    if you chose not to follow it
    life is gonna be hard but you will have freedom
    rough rode

• I think it can - I don't believe money can give you extra freedom

• I would say that a lot of money as well as very little money gives you freedom. By little, I mean live off the land or bum around.

• Maybe after death

• Nope only if you are crazy rich.

• Yes freedom , true freedom exist but it's not easy to find

• if you have lots of money but are stupid you are stoll not gonna have freedom.

Donald Trump has lots of freedom, though. Blows your theory out of the water.

@AssJacket you know what freedom is? freedom is the ability to create options and then select them. if you select the options society provides you with you are not free. if you are stupid you cannot create as many options, thus you have only limited freedom.

@anonman32 Well, Trump has a lot of money, which creates opportunities, but he is stupid, which limits them. So I guess he's only moderately free. Point taken.

• We're unlimited creations but life is. so you should start to think how to live for your after death. i hope i was clear enough.

• Living in the wild without humans around there is no rules just the ones you make

• Free will is an illusion.

• try and jump off a 30 storey building without any supports and live and tell us.

"man is free, but is forever in chains.."

• A person living behind bars isn't having the freedom you're enjoying today. Of course, that person is in jail because the system does not grant him/her the freedom of doing whatever crime he did. Sometimes the system is fair to take away certain freedom and sometimes it isn't.

No one is absolutely free, though, our systems do not allow that. There are obviously certain things everyone is obligued to comply to. But we can enjoy a certain degree of freedom at least, depending on where you're living right now.

Money, which ironically takes away people's freedom to do things, can give you flexibility and a good level of immunity. Is the closest thing someone can have to be completely free, but it doesn't really grant absolute freedom.