Do you think people are born evil or made evil?

• Born evil
  • Made evil
  • Both but it depends...(explain)

Most Helpful Guy

• The Old Adam is there from the moment of fertilization. Everyone is a little evil to start with. Their is base depravity in all. However, evil can also be learned. If enough good is not instilled in someone to counteract the darker nature, then it will surely take control. And it will learn how to be more efficient at exerting its will.

A wise man once said that a man taught great knowledge but no morals will only make him a clever devil.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both. Mental health plays a big factor as well and maybe evil spirits whispering in someones ear. The biggest test to see how bad a person is, is to remove any legal or social consequences for immoral actions kinda like that movie the Purge

What Guys Said 16

• I believe the Bible says we are... in the sense like we were damaged in the "fall of man" and that damaged is past on in generations. It may be emotional damage in the "emotional wiring"... I suspect.

So to me, I think we have the "seed" in us to become and do evil. The basis of that evil is self preservation. When our core feelings are "shame, fear, and anger" that are easily triggered with in us... the core feelings from the fall of man... it is easy to push a human being, pretty much any human being to act out from those emotions to do evil to another... and think it is ok.

Hitler might be a good example to reference since he was so extreme. As a baby, who knows if he was evil... but I doubt it, probably just a baby. But he grew up in a certain environment, with certain parents and influences. He went into the horrors of WWI. He drew his conclusion on how all that happened and the depression that caused so much pain and suffering and he found what the cause was. His core behavior (as far as I know, I haven't read Mein Kampf yet), was pure anger and hatred towards certain people... probably because Jewish were the bankers and bankers lead to the depression and often are implicated in control of the world. So... more than you asked for, but most people would say he is evil.

Mother Teresa, not saying she's perfect, but she took a different path.

With all that said, I think there are different degrees in the mentality of people and personality makeup. Some children..., are very forgiving, caring at a young age and passive... not generally acting out in evil, maybe thinking it at times. Others can be more selfish. You may see some with missing psychological components like empathy and such. When they are missing those things, they can do evil (hurt others, act out) and not care.

A lot of "evil" is passed on to the children becuase they have no choice but to takeup what the see in their environment. They see evil in the world, in their environment, tv, etc.. and they view it as the truth and become it.

• 1|1

Nice one xD but there are some genes that lead to bad behaviour

im sure you know its called
      Epigenetics

your behavior can change your genetics
      and if you believe the bible
      the sins of the parents are passed to the sins of the children

so i blame the parents 100%
      for a baby being born with genetics like

the gay gene
      the gene of murder
      the gene of adultery
      the gene of stealing
      etc

we are born in sin
      unfortunately

but it can be removed and renewed
      just takes time and prayer

Dr. Caroline Leafs
      study is great to study up on
      and the process isn't short
      but worth it

• Muahahaha time for me to ruin all the Disney princess movies

Evil isn't one single emotion, or mentality. It's the combination of many mental disorders, or desires. Psychopaths are sometimes seen as evil because while they can decipher emotions from others, they don't care. But this is not their fault, and it does not usually make them want to hurt others.

Sadism isn't because someone went through a dark past or was conceived wrong in a specific way. Sadism is just our natural curiosity combined with our intense pleasure centers.

Evil is not a real thing. It's a completely human-invented concept. Evil is who we call evil. And yet, their mentality they cannot control, therefore making them not evil. Tis not their fault they were evil.

• Some are just born really effed up in the head, and some are made that way.

• its pretty obvious just judging from the internet, all the bitterness from being ugly and being forever alone makes them "more evil" I suppose

also from how they were raised/growing up/treated

• I think it's a combination of genes as well as certian environmental factors.

• It's your model of the world which makes you evil or good.

• I think no one is evil we all just have different definitions of good. Hitler viewed himself as a good person and why would my say have any more weight than his. Now killing him would be justified because he was a threat to the lives of others but there is no objective evil.

Well yes that's true everybody has their own view of evil, but anything that inflicts harm onto another person without a logical reason is suppose to be considered evil to me

• I don't think anyone is inheritantly evil. How they great treated growing up by their parents and other family and peers can make someone do crazy shit.

• They're maaaaaade by their surroundings

• Everyone is born good.

• The decision we make defines who we are

• Made evil

• Ignorance and hatred is taught

• Are some people just born bad
    or is it how we all become?
    Human termites driven mad
    in the concrete mounds of the rising slum.

People are made bad, though genetics do play a role

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• Little bit of both there are probably bad genes but I think the environment affects those genes and makes it even worse.

Oh like the warrior gene, because if that person was to suffer abuse, bullying.. etc it could lead to a psychopath

Ya something like that. But the environment for sure shapes it more just that predisposition from the gene will make it more likely that person will turn violent from the same conditions as someone else without that gene mutation that causes the predisposition.

Yeah I definitely agree, then again not everybody is resilient to handle the negative environment because some people actually come out to be better than before while others worst

• 1|2
  • Made evil. Children are innocent.

• Yes. My best friend (who is no longer my best friend anymore) was always evil. She told me all the things she thought about as a kid and all the things she thinks now which is why our friendship shriveled... But like always I try to see the good in everyone.

I wonder what that was.-.

One of the things she wished as a child was for her brother and sisters to be dead so she can have all the attention.

Oh my... I wouldn't be around such a person damn

• Both, but it's rarer they're just born that way - psychopaths and sociopaths... it's much more common for them to be made that way throughout their life...

• people are made devil due to life circumstances

• No one is born evil and even the most evil person in the world has his/her soft and kind side.

• Why should I apologize for the monster I've become, no one ever apologized for making me this way- The Joker

• Im not sure about people, but I do know that all pitbulls are born evil and must be banned

• Iel like some people are born with that evil trait... but also the way they were treated or raised couldve been a factor to why they are evil.. or even the enviroment they grew up in