Why is it racist to be proud of being white but not racist to be proud of being anything else?

2mo That's not fair to white people

Most Helpful Girl

• People sometimes get confused between pride and white supremacy, I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not racist to be proud of what you are so don't listen to them and don't be ashamed of saying it and thinking it

What Girls Said 6

• Most likely because a large number of the well-known (in the west, at least) racially-focused murders like the KKK's activity, how Asians were mistreated in the building of the railways, indigenous peoples... were committed by white people. Now what wouldn't make a better 'get out of jail free' card for people to blame their shortcomings on if they happen to be a POC and their boss/higher-ups in the workplace/law enforcement are conveniently white?

It's like the racial version of the 'friend zone'.

• It isn't. Racial pride is a bit silly because you didn't do anything.

And I guess it's seen as more racist because it's usually racists who scream white pride with their white hoods. Rarely have I seen sane, non racist white people say it. That doesn't mean everyone who says it is racist, just that it's rare for a non racist to say it.

• Because when someone says they are proud of being white, people think they are white supremacists.
    Honestly, I think saying "I'm proud of being [insert race]" is pretty stupid. You shouldn't be proud of something you have no control over. Something that you didn't accomplish.
    You were just born that way.

• I mean race isn't much to be proud of. Ethnicity and culture maybe.

• Because the white race mistreated almost every race on earth.

please explain

Those days are long gone now and other races actually did it before whites if you study history

• Who wouldn't be proud to be white?

It's redundant

What Guys Said 12

• Didn't you know? Only white people are racist.

• I think racial pride is kind of silly. It's something I was born into not something I accomplished. I didn't work hard and get rewarded with whiteness or anything.

• You're right. Go ahead and be proud, they have a whole website of proud white folks here: https://www.stormfront.org/forum/
    "White Pride World Wide" says them.

Maybe blame past groups and their actions for ruining the idea of "White pride".
    The problem is we don't know if you're REALLY happy to be white or you're affiliated with other groups that aren't so innocent.

• double standards for ya

• Yeah I think all the pride movements should tone down then I would happy with any movement - My problem is that more extreme elements attach themselves on all sides.

• Because one is attack, and the other defence.

Any way both are stupid, as it doesn't matter what other people think about your skin colour.

• When you have a race that was held for slavery, for example, and then you have a white dude boasting about being white. You can kinda see how it may rub someone the wrong way

• Racial pride is stupid
    It's not like anyone had to put the work in to be born a certian color
    Be proud of ones self, do not leech the identity of the group

• Being proud to be white is kind of narcissistic by itself, same with any race really. Being proud of your culture is fine, but being proud of your skin color just sounds stupid.

• Your thoughts are really weird. I cannot agree with what you say. Don't make careless assumptions.

• its a crime to be white now. You are a slave, giving up your place in line to everyone else even though you ever owned a slave or went to the "government Depot for White people" to get a free education, house, car, retirement, etc.

• Because of the historical racism by white. KKK, nazi and all that.