Are YOU bad at names?

FML I work with this guy who prolly told me his name like 10 times but I can't remember it and I need to ask him for a favor 😫😫 what to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be a bouncer and later manager of a popular bar, so I had a thousand close, personal friends come out of the woodwork trying to be best buds with me so they could skip the lines and get the VIP treatment. It was so hollow and annoying, haha, but I sat there and shook hands with every idiot in town. After ten years of it, it's rendered me almost completely incapable of remembering names OR faces. I feel bad because so many times I just have zero recollection of meeting people, and they remember me and are like "uhhh... we've met." I've spent entire evenings out with people and after I'll ask my girlfriend who someone was, and she'll be like "are you kidding me? That's so-and-so, you've met them like ten times..."🙄 You really have to do something memorable to crack into my memory bank. But if I don't see you more than once every month or two, often their existence is completely erased in my memory, from randos to former acquaintances and co-workers. SO MANY people have been like "remember me? We worked together!" and I'm like "uhhhh... oh... OF COURSE! How you been, uh..."bro?", and I have to hope someone comes up that I can introduce them and force the first person to say their name😂

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm excellent with names. There are times when a person doesn't even need to tell me his/her name when being introduced to them. A lot of times I end figuring it out because I overheard a conversation where their name is mentioned or I heard someone call them. Once I hear the name, I never forget it regardless of the time span. Hell, one time I told a guy to not tell me his name. I wanted to guess it. I was pretty confident as if I genuinely knew his name. It turned out that my guess was correct from the first try!

What Guys Said 20

• I went 3 years without knowing these 2 girls' names cause I forgot. I said hi to them and had conversations with them too. We even lived in the same dorm for 3 years 😂. Then there's this other girl they were friends with and I had calc with and still forgot her name for all 4 years 😂😂😂

Story of my life^^

@redeyemindtricks I've done that before... It didn't help that those 2 girls were both named Katie 😂😂😂

• Next time when he says his name find an excuse to repeat it out loud as soon as possible (like, well Matt, you have nice shirt), and repeat it few times in your head, and also try to link it to his face or feature on his body (ieg he's Brock and he has a Beard (or Brown eyes), or he's Rob and has a Ring, etc)...

• Forget about it. Horrible. But I'm very good visually. I'll recognize a face years later and even people I've never met

• make up some excuse to get the spelling of his name for example so you so you can send him a work email to his work email address which is usually a persons's name followed by the company as the domain name

• Went through all of GCSE and P16 not knowing a really pleasant girl's name, yet she always knew mine. It weren't good, no sir.

• I generally have a good memory. When I was forced to remember hundreds of names quickly while teaching some of my students thought I was bad at names, but I learned all of them in a week or so...

• Faces I can't remember. If I meet them once I don't think I'll remember them or forget their name.

• I can be bad, but not THAT bad xD

• Yes as i got older i got bad with names course when people have lot on their mind the same thing will happen, there is so much stress people are going through.

• I hate it when the title is a different question than the actual question itself.

• yes i'm really bad

• Terrible with names as well. I just call every girl I know babe and every guy I know bro.

If I call him babe he's gonna think I like him. And he's been trying to get with me since March. So no. Just no

Told u she was crayy

REMT knows all the stalking methods

• Sometimes. I confuse 3 for my friends names. One is Nathaniel, then Nathan, then Nate. It's hard to get it right

• Just go "hey man, can you help me with this :) "

• train your memory? xD

• I'm excellent with names.

• I'm pretty good with names Jessica. Oh wait...

• Cedric

what do u think?

• lol ask him how to spell it.

-Hey how do you spell your name?
    -You mean Bob? You dont know how to spell that?
    um...

orr ask him how to spell his full name, company. email

• just be honest with him. tell him you weren't really paying attention (for whatever reason) and you just can't remember his name, if at worst, you can just tell him your short term memory sucks

What Girls Said 7

• Not really no, I think I'm better at names than the average person. I don't really find names hard to remember.

• Ask him for his last name. Be like hey what's your name. He'll tell you his first then be like nah your last I mean. Ding ding ding!!! I'm good at names. I just asscoate it with something else or someone famous.

• Actually, no. I'm good with faces and names, so if I see someone I knew for like... a day or a week of something, I'll recognize them and be like "I know you :) " and they be like "Uh..." *you creep i dont know you*

• Yes, I'm so bad at remembering names. I just usually say hey handsome in a silly way Lol and ask for help

• No I'm not bad at remembering people's names

• I'm actually fine with names, which surprises me because my memory is shit with everything else.

• I forgot the moment you tell me. Lol