Ex Military, Do you still wear your ID tags?

I still wear my dog tags on occasion

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes
2mo I only wear mine when i dont take my wallet with me, usually hiking, kayaking, just in case so there is an id tag

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dog tags with our military's code of honor and ethos on em that I have in my wallet but I am not military or ex military.

But growing up in a pretty big military family I've learned one thing don't have your tags out in the open, it's dangerous now a days and your tags shouldn't be worn as an accessory since their purpose is to provide medics or doctors with your information in case you get shot, injured etc which you already know.

Plus it's a dead give away that your military which is kind of dangerous in today's world what with terrorists and everything running around.

Like you said in your update though and I agree it's fine to have them with you when your out in the wilderness hiking and stuff it'd be the smart move anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• As active duty, I don't wear mine... I don't think I'll wear them when I'm out.

I only wear mine when i dont take my wallet with me, usually hiking, kayaking, just in case so there is an id tag

I totally see the reason in that. It's actually a pretty good idea, I'll keep that in mind.

What Guys Said 8

• Never do. they're a dead give away if you wear the flimsy chain that they're issued with. I find it tacky when people wear them as jewelry, they're not jewelry.

• God no thats horrible. Its bad as the dudes that do the combat boot/jeans combo. They usually have on an airborne shirt too

• No, that is lame AF lol. I laugh at guys who have Semper Fi and USMC on the back of their trucks and tell people they are Marines everywhere they go. Cringe

Why would you laugh at that?

Lol you must be airforce

Nah ex army, i live by a few ex marines and have family that was army marines and air force

• no never.

• Rarely , otherwise they just hang on my dresser mirror

• lol no thats cringe, I don't have anything associated with the military, now I avoid it lol

• Where's the results option?

• I wore mine for a long time... then less... finally stopped.

What Girls Said 3

• My dad doesn't, no. Even my active duty bro in law doesn't wear his like day-to-day.

• I don't. When I was in the military I always had my face covered to conceal my identity.

• Nope.