How to handle alcohol and liquor?

So I just turned 21 and I've gone out to the bars like 3 times but my question is how do I avoid puking while drinking? So this isn't my first time drinking I've drank and gotten drunk before I turned 21 but I've never felt like this or thrown up like this before. So the first night I went out to the bar I was pretty nervous we had a few glasses of redbull vodka before we left so on the way there I was feeling kind of nauseous but I didn't throw up. We got into the bar and I was still feeling slightly nauseous but I still took a shot and then I kept taking more and more shots and didn't throw up till the end of the night. My second time going out we pregamed with shots of jack Daniels tennesse honey and I was feeling kinda nervous before we took the shots and then after my first shot I ran to the bathroom and puked but I still went to the bar and the whole night I was constantly on the verge of throwing up and I tried taking a little shot of yager ( I think that's how you spell it) and I puked immediately and for the rest of the night I felt miserable. Now whenever I go out I get nervous and anxious because I think I'm not gonna be able to hold down my liquor. Can someone please give me some advice this is ruining my social life and I just want to go out and have fun but my stomach and nerves won't let me

Most Helpful Girl

• Eat some bread or something before drinking.
    Get some fries and eat that while drinking.
    Cut your drinks with water.
    Don't try to out drink everyone else. Don't be ashamed or whatever of drinking less than other people. A) It's the smart thing to know your limits B) Saves you fckn money
    Try not to drink swill. Sometimes people are more sensitive to cheaper, crappier liquor.
    Try not to mix light and dark liquors.
    Another thing I've noticed for me is finding a bar with dark corners/not so loud and noisy and crowded. Sometimes when I'm drinking, being around tons of loud and obnoxious people can make me sick, so I tend towards darker bars/pubs.
    If you start feeling sick, that's generally your limit. Remember it, so next time you know when to stop.
    Drink water a lot.

When I say cut your drinks with water, I mean take sips of water in between drinks. NOT water them down.

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no rule that says you must drink. If you are going to drink you need to learn what you can handle. If you are puking then you are drinking too much. You also need some good solid food in your belly before you start. Otherwise there is no trick other than learning what and how much you can handle. Learning what to drink also means learning what you can mix together.

You are trying too hard. If you are puking then stop. Don't be stupid. You keep drinking when you know it's making you puke. That can't be described in any other way except stupid.

What Girls Said 1

• Don't keep drinking once you're drunk. Watch your limit.

Don't take shots if you're feeling nervous. Seems like they're a source of anxiety for you now and they just make it worse (you worry about getting sick so much that you end up getting sick... self fulfilling prophesy).

Also, Jager is gross lol, so I don't blame you for throwing that up.

Next time you start feeling sick, take sips of water and nibble on some crackers or bread. Don't keep drinking if you're feeling nauseous.

What Guys Said 3

• Get a bottle of quality liquor and find out what your limit is, after that the saying "practice makes perfect" applies.

As for nerves, you still feel it's something you shouldn't be allowed to do. Give it time and it will stop bothering you.

• Eat before you drink and know your limits try limiting yourself to 2 drinks a hour and see how that goes

• Beer before liquor never been sicker, liquor before beer, you're in the clear.
    There is another one for alcohol. Dark before light, you are alright, light before dark, and things look stark.