How to stay safe walking alone after dark in a big city?

I can't bring anything to protect myself since weapons aren't allowed where I am going. The walk from the venue to the parking structure won't be far but I'm afraid of being in a parking structure alone after 10. Do you think I could ask a security guard to escort me? Or should I ask someone from the venue going in the same direction to accompany me? I've been stressing about it a lot. I always have my knife or pepper spray with me but since I can't bring it I'm trying to think of what else I can do to protect myself. I am not strong in the slightest and I'll be dressed up a bit so this idea frightens me very much. I'm almost contemplating just running to my car as fast as I can with my keys between my knuckles. If I asked a security guard, do you think they would even walk with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• you could definitely ask a parking attendant or security person to escort you. you could definitely ask people at the venue if they are walking to the same carport to go with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most people would walk with you. You can also wait until someone can walk you to your car.

What Guys Said 7

• gifsec.com/.../...Neo-fighting-Agent-Smith-GIF.gif

Learn to do this!! And you'll never fear ze lonely dark night walk ever again :)

• You can work on your condition so you can run or sprint better. You can do martial arts. You can... not wear highheels to run or sprint

I have a condition that makes me not-the-best runner and I never wear heels anyways haha

Martial arts then!

• Find a couple going that way and ask if they'll walk with you.

If there are multiple security guards in the building see if you can get one to walk with you.

• The sarcasm here saddens me
    Yes I would ask a guard
    Please stay safe and avoid corners and shadows
    Stay in the light and look alert

• Learn how to use psychic powers to explode peoples heads, then no one will fuck with you

• A security guard would likely be willing to walk you to your car.

• adopt a dog, duh

What Girls Said 5

• Never walk alone. Ask a security guard yes, or people heading there to walk with them. Do NOT be alone. Alternatively, can't you get a Uber or something?

lol at uber... the taxi firm of rapists. agree on asking other people though

@wankiam You just got me worried there cause I'm planning on taking a Uber tonight :P :P :P

given you are in sth africa they are probably safer than local small firms but here in uk it is the opposite due to stiff regulation of the industry... anyway have a good night ;)

• Dress like a a bugler or a theif.
    If you act dangerous or look like you're dangerous nobody's gonna mess with you.
    When I go outside at night I wear a big black jacket with a hoodie and some loose fitted jeans or joggers and some sneakers. Tie your hair back too

• I think you'll be fine. People who live in really bad areas are broke, and they're fine when they walk places. I have family who let their single digit kids walk alone in the street at those hours and they live in the really bad part, of the ghetto. Kids are fine somehow.

For an idea though, you could put your phone on and talk to a friend on speakerphone, the loud one.

• I wouldn't feel comfortable walking around alone at night. Especially in a city.
    Ask a security guard.

• 0|0