Why do opinions on this site differ so much from real life?

In my real life, people say completely different things to me than what people say on here.

Most Helpful Girl

• An outside opinion will always differ from your real life. In reality, people know you and won't want to upset or hurt your feelings... the anonymity of GaG makes it far easier to be honest without worrying about feelings. And though honesty can be blunt and not what you want to hear... it can be far more helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• people tend to use the internet and especially anonymity to test their extremer or most extreme opinions or thoughts before talking about them face to face with "real people". people in real life tend to be a bit more moderate. also what comes into play is upvoted and downvotes, you can't get these in real life, this may change peoples opinions as well.

so if you take into account that people on the internet use it as a laboratory to test their opinions to see which effect they are gonna give its not too bad on the internet, people in the real world are going to be more moderate normally speaking. thats why its important to socialize with real people as well because you may get a skewed view of people otherwise.

What Girls Said 3

• I guess it's because people here, feel free to say what they can't say in real life.
    They feel like no one's gonna judge them or think they are weird.

• Maybe it's because people in real life have more tangible information to work with.

Can you clarify?

Could the things you mentioned influence how you talk to people?

to a degree, yes.

• People are more open when not face to face.

What Guys Said 3

• Perhaps people on this site are more honest because we don't need to worry about how our opinions will affect a relationship with you.

• People have all sorts of different experiences with different people. We don't all live the exact same life and have the exact same interpretation.

• most of the guys on gag are young, dumb and full of cum, disgruntled, virgin, gamer, dorks. not representative of the average guy. i'd take any opinion from them with a grain of salt.

That seems more applicable to the 25-29 MGTOW crowd ahaha.

@Chico_brah Why'd you leave fearless banana? Rumor has it you felt fear after someone discovered your true identity.

True identity? Lol. I left because someone was messaging girls I talked about on here on my facebook.