I'm so depressed, I don't even talk to my family anymore?

I haven't been speaking to my family like usual for about 1.5 weeks now. I don't know why.. I just feel useless to them. They don't need me here.
Its my dads birthday today and I haven't left my room all day. I have just been studying and crying. And then i look on snapchat and see my brothers girlfriend snap with my cousin, his wife and baby and I just feel like Im never invited anywhere. I tried inviting her to hangout one day and it never happened. No one cares. I just feel so alone. The one person who is always there and who makes me happy is my boyfriend who everyone in my family hates. I dont want to talk to him because of the fact no one likes him, but i can't keep away because he's all i really have. Also i have my dog who is like my best friend who got jnto a major car accident not too long ago. he's alive and well, but it just made me realize the pain of losing him. He is like my companion for life when im stuck in my room 24/7 who no one else.

I feel so alone. I feel like im a worthless piece of garbage that no one cares about. I want to move out, but i have no money and can't support myself.

I constantly compare myself to my brother who is outgoing, sociable and doing a lot with him life even tho he doesn't have a real stable job right now with a baby on the way. He still manages to be a successful person who everyone in my family adores. I always get jealous... like i can't have what he has. I need help:/

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm so sorry you feel like this. Even if you don't feel like leaving your room, can you commit to maybe a half hour of leaving a day? With depression just getting up is a success, and be proud of yourself for getting studying done because most depressed people can't do that. You have a bf? Does he know how you feel and try to comfort you? What is the reason your family dislikes him? It's hard to be objective and put yourself in their place, but try. Try to see outside what's going on with you and see if there's merit to what they're saying. Feel free to message me. I went through a similar thing. My family just thought it was a normal part of adolescence, being sensitive and isolating myself. And I am also very anxious about losing my pets. I actually lost one last month, and I'm pretty experienced with pet death grief from experiences in middle school. So yeah. Please don't hesitate to message me. You don't have to navigate this by yourself.

Thank you for the advice and concern

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You probably dont want to do this but it will help, Have you talked to your mom and told her how you feel about it?
    tell her you dont feel as connected to the family as you want to be and you dont know what to do.
    im sure shed take you under her wing and help.