What in the world is this?

I was breaking down an old tree stump in my front yard when I noticed this..What in the world is this?Looks like a caterpillar, but only had front legs. I ended up putting the little guy back in a different part of the stump. The wood was way too damp to use in the fire pit anyway..

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's a little (I don't know the English word) that becomes a butterfly later

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a grub. A beetle larva of a wood boring beetle

Ahh thanks! I'm guessing that there's probably a bunch of them in the stump?

If you knew what the tree was you could probably narrow it down to which species. No I wouldn't say a bunch like termites

I have no idea lol, it was here on the property when I moved in. The other trees are small, maybe 10 years old. I'll probably just haul it off to the dump. Thanks for the help!

What Girls Said 2

• A white grub?

• I love how people on gag actually know the answer to this 😂

Me too lol I kinda figured this question would get a bunch of "I dunno, looks weird tho" answers.

Yeah, they wreck a lawn

@Waffles731
      Yea, but fortunately they are pretty easy to deal with. One application of something like Grub X should rid them if it's not too widespread. Or at least that's my experience with "crop circles".

What Guys Said 4

• Thats a Grub

Yes, I was informed a few hours ago, but thanks for answering.

• Its an young one of a beetle. Australian Cicada beetle looks similar.

Yeah, that's what reptocarl was telling me. Just kinda trips me out. I do see beetles around here, but they're smaller than the grub/beetle larva I seen earlier..

I have got a book on beetles at home. I got it cheap. So I bought it. I saw a similar picture on that book a long time ago.

• It is a grub, the larva stage of a beetle
    alloutdoorspower.com/.../European-Chafer-Grub3.jpg

• I will give you MHO every time you comment on any of my questions if you eat that grub. Raw.

No deal, I don't kill any insects, whatever unless they invade my home and propose a threat of health or harm. I would have 10 years ago though..