Fire alarm going off for no reason?

Okay, the fair alarm is beep beep beep. But for no reason!!! Why?
I am going to bed and I don't live anything on in the kitchen or things like that?

2mo I did not leave anything on or smell some!!! It's creeping me out
2mo *smoke

Most Helpful Guy

• If its old maybe the radium alpha emitter has dust on it.
    or there's static thats effecting the detector.
    It could also be that its getting hot where you placed it or the temperature sensors malfunctioning?
    I wouldn't advise taking it apart though as I dont know how much radium is actually used or the risk alpa acts over a short distance but its charged.
    If i was there I could probly fix it Iv fixed more complex electronics but then it wouldn't be fire safe and I may be liable maybe just try asking you local fire station for one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Fire alarms tend to do that when they're running out of batteries, if there's no other explanation (like smoke).

Okay, thanks. I'll change them tomorrow and see if it won't do it again.

What Guys Said 10

• Battery is dead probably, they wire them to electrical panels now a lot of the time.
    Work by emitting a laser, when it's interrupted by particles (like smoke) it beeps. When the battery is near dead, it also won't stfu. I tried replacing batteries and they kept doing it at random times during the day so now they're all turned off lol.

• Does it need a new battery?

• Maybe you are too hot for it to handle? 8)

• It is hungry for a new battery and screaming for your attention. Stop being a bad alarm owner and feed it.

I'll change them 1st thing in the morning when I go to the store hopefully it's true. Because it was creepy!!! I have never ever in my 24 years experience this!!

• Your battery is running low - It needs to be changed

• It needs a battery. How do you not know this?

• Replace the battery. Thats usually the case. If you don't have one just take it out.

• Your house is possessed by demons.

Lol funny!!

Or the batteries are low. Mine were doing that so I just took them all down and took the batteries out. That was about 9 months ago and I still haven't got around to replacing them, so don't be surprised if I die in an inferno.

Why you said demons?

• oh i love your profile pic

• The battery is dead

What Girls Said 3

• The batteries may require replacement

• He's just playing with you

• Ghost