Are pedophiles should put to death?

is pedophilia a disease or a crime?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a crime unless acted on; you can collect all the Old Navy ads you want. As far as a disease, it could be considered a psychological disorder. There doesn't seem to be much research on what causes it, perhaps because it is such a taboo subject.

Most Helpful Girl

• If they act on it, give them a long arse sentence, but death? No.

My opinion is the same for rape of any kind.

Repeated offense? Then yes, death.

Pedophilia is essentially a sexual orientation, just... a really shitty one. It can't be cured, it can be repressed. It's the people who allow theirselves to cause harm who should be punished.

What Guys Said 23

• It is both!

• Nope

Why? Because the term is just thrown around. A pedophile is someone attracted to PRE-PUBESCENT kids

In America, a pedophile is anyone who has sex with a minor (up to 17) no matter your age (18+), so theoretically speaking an 18 year old would be put to death for having sex with a 17 year old.

A pedophile isn't a 25 year old with a 17 year old. A pedophile is a 25 year old with a 6 year old

And honestly, I don't think your mindset should be punished. I think acting on it should be. I don't think someone attracted to kids should be put to death until they ACT on it.

• If the world wasn't so brutal towards them and actually offered rehabilitation and help maybe things would be better. I'm sure there's plenty of pedophiles who know their urges are wrong but can't tell anyone and get help for it since they'd get lynched.

Rehabilitation proves to be ineffective. Many men and women (rarely of course) caught in stings and after the act are repeat offenders..

• I think a crime - Depends on what the crime was for killing or raping a child, yes death sentence is appropriate

• Is a crime, but pedophilia is still controversial because sometimes it has consent and sometimes it has not, for exemple a 21 year old fucking a girl he meet in a club, turns out she is 15 but looks 18.
    I think you should not condemn to death on those cases but in cases where a kid (under 13 years old) is raped by a man or woman, the pedophile should be killed.

• Put to death? No. Exploited on national television and internet then sent to jail? Yes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOBgE10sEQE

• Pedophilia is a psychiatric disorder, the only thing the sufferers need is to receive medical care like any other psychiatric patient.

• Pedophilia is just how the mind is wired. It's no one's fault. Way too many people have too strong feelings about this. Punishment should not be that strong

• Yes, paedophilia should be punished under death penalty. Too many of them get very minor sentences these days.

• It's a mental disorder. It can lead to a crime if the person acts upon those feelings. Incarceration will only keep them away from the general public but it won't fix the problem.

Should they be put to death? Well, that's for a court to decide.

• They belong in a mental hospital.

• No disease, it's not like they can infect us XD

• how is this better than sharia law? where are our western values?

• Are you still in grade school? Grammer is a thing and it really got hurt there.

Are you aware of the existence of OTHER LANGUAGES?

Gasp! oh shock horror.

English isn't everyones first language.

No, humour is forbidden when you give no indication that it IS humour, and appears to be belittling, and no in the funny way.

Hey, I'm not the only one that called you out on your *sarcastic* comment lol. Humor involves actual humor.. At the very least work on your delivery.

• They don't? Well rapists generally here gets hanged

• no.. they should rot in a jail cell for the rest of eternity

• Here they are excuted, and then they will die lol.

• People don't understand that there's a difference between a pedophile and a child molester.

• Then you put a gun to his head and shoot, practice what you preach.

• Why u asking that? What happened?

• nahh

• If they don't act on it I don't see the problem. And if they do then that's raped and should be charged as such

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• If they are just a pedophile then no, however if they act on that sexual attraction then absolutely they should be put to death.

• No, that's way too mild of a punishment

• They don't deserve death, that's too much of a punishment. What they need is some serious help or jail time.

• No. We do not live in middle ages, everyone has right to live.

• I'm all for Hammurabi's code.