Amsterdam, what's your impression?

I have my opinion based on experience.

What's your opinion, is it a holiday destination or just a place to get 'laid, pissed and/or stoned'?

15

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol it's just the city I live & study in, but I think the stereotype of it being a sex & drug city only is terrible, because the city itself is so beautiful and has so much more to offer than that.

• That's really the object of the Post.

Amsterdam is really a fascinating city with so much to see and do. But unfortunately, most people's idea of it is the 'Red Light District'.

• Yeah I guess you do now :)

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 5

• I only spent one day there but I have heard good things about it - It is possible to do both from what I heard

• I think they have got a big market for diamonds and flowers. A good place to take your girlfriend for honeymoon and gift to her flowers and diamonds. She will never forget this experience.

• Amsterdam has something for everyone , it's not just coffeeshops & red lights , there is plenty of history & culture too , worth exploring outside of the 'Dam too , NL has fantastic public transport !! Do like coffeeshops , however !!

• Yes, you're right. Amsterdam has something for everyone.

There's so much to see and do there from the canals and parks to the art galleries and other museums. There are also some great shops too.

• I want to visit it someday :o

• Probably the third option. I'm going there on a School trip in March so that should be interesting. I've heard some very interesting stories of what the teachers let you do there lool.

• You're going on the 'typical tourist trail' by the sound of it!