Is islam an evil religion?

Please comment and elaborate your toughts

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe

What Girls Said 6

• no religion is evil, but its fundie followers can be.

of course, this doesn't just apply to islam. in fact, more murders have been committed in the name of christianity than any other religion.

(i am agnostic)

• Religions can't be evil dude but their followers can.

but islam is an homophobic religion and islam orders its followers to fight in the name of allah but on the other hand it has orders to muslims like be fair be generous stay away from evil and do good things I'm pretty confused

Islam is based on the quran (which is intepreted as the untouched word of God) the Quran clearly states and is standard doctrine in Islam and the hadith (the words of muhammad) that Muhammad personally formed an army and initiated 67 military campaigns, (63 with him at the helm), personally beheaded people, personally traded slaves, personally raped captives. can't believe how uninformed a lot of lefties are to the religion they can't help but defend on an impulse

@G-Daz hahahahahahahaha me a leftie that's a joke right? I just defend all religion because I know how sacred it is to people (at least it is to me). I didn't know any of that though thanks for informing me.

• No, religions aren't "evil", they just suck hellz ballz.

• Obviously not. A religion with a billion followers cannot possibly be practiced right by everyone. Radical islam is evil, where they take verses out of context and wage "holy war" whenever it suits them.

• Just as evil as Christianity. Christians have simply learned how to be less obviously violent.

" Just as evil as Christianity. Christians have simply learned how to be less obviously violent. "

No... this is the stupidity of the left. As a reaction to someone offending muslims, an impulsive almost turret like reaction is to justify it by insulting Christians.

Christianity is an Ideology, Islam is an ideology

Christians are individuals, they are followers of Christianity

Muslims are individuals, they are followers of Islam

Islam is based on the character of Muhammad. Muhammad personally beheaded people (550 was his record in one day), personally had slave captives and traded, personally ran military campaigns (67 in total), personally established a caliphate and preached sharia.

Christianity is based on the character of Jesus. Jesus was a non violent founder, preached to turn the other cheek. Personally died by cause of his enemies and rather than preach retaliation, taught to love your enemies and those that persecute you.

Now... followers can choose or not choose to

@YourName123 nope, christians oppress the fuck out of everyone today too. the only reason they aren't murdering today is because they lost control, they're not allowed to

your fallacy is false causality. christianity is the crappiest religion in history, for the laziest person... get real

@YourName123 the nazis were christians, that was just 70 years ago... hitler quotes the bible nonstop in Mein Kampff. SO what the fuck you mean "1000 years ago"?

when AREN'T chrsitians oppressing? what the fuck do you think America is about? RUNNING FROM CHRISTIAN THEOCRACIES-that's what. you clearly have no grasp of history OR christianity

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 26

• Yes, HOWEVER a lot of lefties will attack the instant you say this.

Islam is incompatible with western values. Muslims are individuals that may or may not follow the religion of islam

This is a perfect example of the lefty issue
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbwrHBNYhE

• I think it's very much the tread to be ultra "tolerant" these days. I think this tolerance can make people blind to some ugly truths. Let's not do the typical progressive tactic and bring up other religions let's take a hard look at Islam. If people have spent time or been to mosque with them as I have you'll see on the surface their good people. But we have to look deep and see the global impact radical Islam is having. It's not good people. There really are some religous and cultural issues with Islam. Being politicly correct is allowing this to spread and people to die. I have no problem with Muslims people in general but that's not to say there are some huge issus that need to be addressed.

• Islam venerates and holds as it's god's messenger a man (Muhammad) who married his 3d wife when she was only 6 years old, and with whom he had sex when she was 9. Her name was Aisha. The idea of having sex with a 9-year-old girl is disgusting to me. So Islam celebrates as the central messenger of its god a pedophile.

• Any religion that advocates killing another is fucked-up.

• The poll numbers make me sad and I say this as a Non-Muslim

• No I think like most religions it has evil people who pervert it

• It seems so, today Christianity is about loving and saving people who no nothing morally , like Jedi people

• Maybe not the religion itself, but the individual if they're blind enough to follow someone who preaches some distorted view of it.

The religion itself tells them to:

1) Lie about their beliefs.
      2) Lay in wait for Christians, Jews, and other "infidels" and kill them whenever possible. (It's in the Koran).
      3) Many, many other blanket, unconditional commands of murder and mayhem.

It is not a "religion of peace".

Then again, neither is Christianity. Christianity is a religion of blasphemy and false prophecy, and for the better part of 2 millennia Christians murdered anyone who stood in their way in the name of "God, Gold and Glory"..

Rest assured, there is a True Creator, which can be shown by Reason from first principles, but neither Christians nor Muslims know Him as they should.

Now there might be an intelligent "being" the size of a universe, but you better not worship that.

You better worship the True Creator, which created "The Heaven of Heavens," or all possible universes.

Now you'll notice that the Greeks who rejected the mythology were in fact as close or perhaps even closer to the Truth than most Christians, Jews, and Muslims at times.

Truth be told, the more "liberal/moderate" christians don't even know what they believe, and don't know how to offer a rational, cosmological argument nor ontological argument nor any other objective argument for the existence of God. In fact the most conservative ones don't either. Most of them just say, "Well, the Bible says so." or some nonsense to that effect.

No, the Bible says, "Wisdom is the Principle thing, therefore get Wisdom," and Wisdom does not say, "The Bible is all you need" or "Jesus is all you need." That is nonsense.

Anyway, they don't even know their own beliefs, so they can't examine their own beliefs, and many of them live like fools in any case in other regards to their lives.

If you want to drink yourself into a stupor every Friday and Saturday, be my guest, but that makes you a fool.

• yes we are
    your point is?
    pls hurry up i have bomb making class

no don't get me wrong I asked it because I'm pretty confused what confuses me is islam is a homophobic religion and it orders its followers to fight in the name of allah but on the other hand it has orders to muslims like be fair be generous stay away from evil that's way I'm confused

I don't mean someone saying he's gay, I mean him saying he's gay, and married to another man.

I mean, I couldn't say anyone was straight by your rules, I've never seen another couple have sex (except in porn).

That's a thought, what about gay porn?

@goaded to punish this guy in islam as i mentionned u need the 4 men testamony
      other than that even if he says he is guy and marrying another man it can pass i him being joking / drunk / out of his mind
      and gay porn do u so a lot of muslim doing porn let alone gay porn
      this punishment apply to muslim only

• I don't know anymore... But for now I think that it's just extremists wanting ONLY Islam to be

• All religions are evil.

• Yeah definitely we are all terrorists don't u see the news?

• those you said no are CRAZY!!!

and blind sheep.

name a place on earth where there are lots of them that is safe or free or prosperous?

qatar

@desidoll Indonesia is a pit. Been their twice (Batam Island to be exact). You DO NOT go out after dark. You can't get in a hotel parking lot without a bomb check. and the man door will have a metal detector. It's Islam at its finest.

Great example!

Yeah I have some friends who tell me the same thing

• all Abrahamic religions are evil.

• It's more fair to say that Islam is a primitive, imperialist religion.

• Religious bashing? I'm outta here

• I believe that religion is just holding us back as a society.

• I think noone can answer this question for you
    Study it yourself

what confuses me is that islam is a homophobi religion and islam orders its followers to fight in the name of allah but on the other hand it has orders to muslims like be fair be generous stay away from evil I'm confused

"islam orders its followers to fight in the name of allah "
      I read the whole Quran myself in its original language Arabic, it never said fight for Allah, it always says avoid fighting , it's better not to fight

The verses talk about killing non muslims were in certain circumstances about specific situation happened in the past , and it was also companies by orders to try to avoid it

The gay topic , I think if there's a family of two dad's it won't be good for a child , putting dick in shit hole is disgusting
      Someone may like something wrong , but he doesn't have to justify it
      I smoke and I know its wrong but I don't try to say smoking is normal

When I put Islam before every thing in my life It tought me that justice is more important than religion , country or politics , second important thing are parents

That's why I'm telling you noone can answer your question , you have to study it yourself to make up your mind

It asks you to question and doubt everything and don't take any idea mindlessly

• absolutely !

• I'm against all religions.

• It's just as evil as any other religion.

• Yes.

• the people who are extremists, yeah, it is

• Most religions are problematic in their own way.

• Yeah, but maybe all religions are evil

• Obviously not. Are black people an evil race because a few of them commit crimes? Are all Christians evil because of the Westboro Baptist Church?

I don't think using black people is a fare compairison. You can't choose what race your born in to but you can choose to follow an "evil" religion. I think westboro are ignorant and misguided but their just using free speach not stoning women or beheaded everyday.

@Newaza Islam isn't making them act barbaric. The same thing is making them act barbaric is what's making you continue to push the Islam is evil: ignorance and idiocracy. Reply all you want, I'm done talking to a brick wall.

That's any easy out my friend. Godspeed.