Hey guys what do you think about Turkey?

Lmao I had to

• Pretty good
    21% (6)14% (6)17% (12)Vote
  • Fuck you guys
    17% (5)19% (8)18% (13)Vote
  • Bush did 9/11
    21% (6)19% (8)20% (14)Vote
  • Giraffes
    21% (6)19% (8)20% (14)Vote
  • Not a fan of the Ottoman Turks
    0% (0)17% (7)10% (7)Vote
  • How many Turkey per minute
    14% (4)10% (4)11% (8)Vote
  • Fite
    6% (2)2% (1)4% (3)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0
15|19

Most Helpful Girl

• Can I just say I love how modern turks are always "proudly" associating themselves with the Ottoman empire when there's absolutely no modern Germans proudly walking around claiming they are successors of the Holy Roman Empire or Greeks referring to themselves as the Byzantines lmao

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Lol what else can they be proud of

• Show All
    • 2mo

@Jxpxtxr On 1911 Ottomans decided to join WW1 by Germans side cause we wanted to conquer Balkans back and the other lands we lost. However we couldn't do that cause of fighting against everyone again with our bankrupted economy.
      We were fighting against Russians at Caucasus, fighting against British at Arabian Peninsula, Italians at Trablus and then First Balkan War came up on 1912 ( When we were fighting against Italians ) so Ottomans had to retreat from Trablus for to protect remaining lands on Balkans.
      That was the situation we had on WW1 and hundreds of years, while we were fighting against someone others were coming from behind and we had to sign a peace treaty with them or retreat from the battlefield.

Especially on 1915 there weren't enough man to fight and work for the country, so we sen't 12-15 year old kids to Battle of Gallipoli where we fought against UK and its allies, and Ottomans won it like this in that bad situation. Later those bad times we again had another war.

• 2mo

http://i.hizliresim.com/kE7qyA.jpg
      http://i.hizliresim.com/RQ8Wl6.jpg

That was the situation on 1915, these kid soldiers fought at Battle of Gallipoli which is known as the bloodiest battle or one of bloodiest battles happend on WW1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gallipoli_Campaign

So thats why our country is developing right now it just passed 100 years on this war and it been like 88 years we established Republic of Turkiye. We are still messing with terrorism and Kurdish rebellions at East and now with ISIS shit at Syria. Turkiye cannot develop itself that much easily like any other European country cause we always have enemies, and always had.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know enough about current events with them but all the worst things they did that I know of happened around 100 years ago so I don't see much of a reason to hold a grudge today.

People who come to America from Turkey tell me people there are assholes though.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

What Guys Said 18

• I think it would be better if they moved it west a ways, and had water parks all up and down the coast.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Lol moved the country west?

• 2mo

You asked for my thoughts on it. Maybe in the shadow of the Eifel Tower? Make it more interesting than it is now!

• I like Turks, have been on holiday there and they're okay. Especially there sense of humour is really nice :D
    I don't like their regime, comes far too close to a dictatorship :o

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

What if we had a nice dictatorship

• 2mo

If the dictator would be a good guy taking care of his people and not causing any trouble we could be better off... but unfortunately such dictators are rare mate :o

• 2mo

But what if in an ideal world, there is no political separation, just a PERFECT dynasty

• I love Turkey I had a great roasted turkey sandwich about an hour ago, and fuck you.

You really ottoman have a turkey sandwich.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much obsession with it on GAG.

0|0
    0|0
  • This reminds me of something I heard one time.

Alter ego : I like me some breast and thighs.

Sane person : Oh, so you like turkey during Thanksgiving?

AG : Turkey, who's talking about the turkey?

0|0
    0|0
  • I actually had turkey last night 😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I luvs me sum turkey. 'Specially with gravy and mashed taters.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry bloke, I'm just too tired to post a witty comment. I'm sure you understand.

0|0
    0|0
  • These threads suck, even ironically.

0|1
    0|0
  • i like kebab

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't trust Erodogan.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go to school kiddo :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Not bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe turkey is far more better than other meats :p

0|0
    0|0
  • It's OK at Christmas, with a bit of gravy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted for wrong option !

0|0
    0|0
  • Never been but I guess it's like greece but with less beaches

0|0
    0|0