What would be worse, a loved one is found dead or they're missing for years?

If it had to come to bad news, what would be worse to deal with?

- After a while (anything ranging from days to years) the police knock on your door and tell you he/she has been found dead. You got your answer but it was the worst news ever.

- They are still missing for years and you want answers but you never get to find out what happened, whether they can still be alive, etc.

• Your loved one was found dead
  • Your loved one has been missing for endless years

Most Helpful Guy

• Missing for years. I don't like that uncertainty. I can either believe they are dead and grief as normal or have a false hope for years only to find out they were
    dead. If they alive tho they bout to get that ass beat for making me feel like that. media.tenor.co/.../tenor.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're missing for the rest of my life that would be worse because it'd bring me nonstop anxiety, anger and frustration. Besides that, finding out they're dead would shatter my world.

What Guys Said 1

• Found dead. There is on coming back from that. If they are missing you have some hope they are found alive.

What Girls Said 2

• I'd rather have an answer than be uncertain the rest of my life.

• Both would kill me, but I think B.