How true is this Saying:- 'You only know who your true friends are when you are down and out...'?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 14

• Very true, cause only true friends come to the rescue.

• I think it's always like that, so it's 100% true.

• I don't know if it's "only" but yeah, you find out who your real friends are at times of adversity.

• I agree. I have experienced that :)

• Yep!

• I'd say pretty damn true

• In my life it has been mostly true.

• Yep yep very true.

• Extremely true. Trust me.

• Not really true

• True

• Absolutely 100% true.

• Definitely.

• Very true

What Guys Said 9

• true to an extent. a cliche is a cliche because to a larger extent it is true. it's easy to be friends with people when things are good but when push comes to shove it is when you tend to find out who is really a friend and who is sort of just a good times comrade

• Absolutely 100% truth! Acquaintances and random people are ALWAYS down to be around when there is fun involved!

But if you need to borrow $200 to pay your rent, or if u had a bad breakup and are in a bad emotional state posting morbid stuff on social media, or if you have to move and you need people to help you lift stuff, or if your car breaks down 2hrs away and you need a ride back home...
    ...
    ...
    ... THAT is when you find out who your real friends are, and you find out who is bandwagoning along just for the fun and good times.

• Yup pretty much, when your at your worst or your in horrible circumstances it's usually only your true friends that stick by your side.

It's easy to be a friend when everything goes great, and there are no problems but it takes a real friend to stick by someone no matter what.

• I fully believe this

• this is really true. but the bitter truth of life is, friends are nothing, even your shadow leaves you in your darkest times

• totally true. that's also why you should hide any assets and $ from a woman you date til you know she likes you for YOU, not your shit.

• Yeah it is true.. I experienced so many betrayals and sometimes loyalty from people I did not expect.

• Nope

• I agree with it