Is it normal to be bored with life at 17?

I don't know why but I've been super depressed lately... I was talking to a guy and was super happy, we talked about stuff we cold do together, traveling. He was super outgoing and I'm not. I'm really shy and quiet. We talked for about 2 months then he started college and things just kinda drifted. He's always busy with stuff and it just didn't happen for us. I mean we still say hey every once in a while and check to see how each other are doing. I'm not heartbroken about us not working out because I understand. And I know I'm only 17 and I have my whole life to find someone. I feel like I'm only really happy when I have someone to talk to about stuff and share feeling with... then there's my best friend, she told me she's in love with me and I just don't think I feel the same. We have been friends for about 12 years now. I just don't know what to do. I don't wanna rush anything with anyone. Lol I just wanna chill but have someone to chill with

What Guys Said 1

• You just had two big events you and the guy drifted apart plus your best friend came out to you and announced attraction to you. Take your own advice and chill, maybe talk to your friend and say you are not gay so you are flattered but you will never have these feelings for her. Say you really appreciate her as a friend and would love to remain close to her.

Actually im pansexual... so I would date a girl I just dont have feelings for her like that

What Girls Said 1

• Yes it is very normal. I've been that way since 12 years old, and as you get older it makes the heart go yonder and you want some exciting things to happen in life. But if you don't do anything about it, it tends to make it worse. The only thing I will say is to be careful what you wish for. Otherwise you may not like what you get and it may not turn out to be what you expect.