When do you know if you have an alcohol problem?

To what extend does it become a problem?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it begins to impact your life to a great extent; e. g. missing work, hurting family and/or friends, borrowing money to drink, unable to go a day without heavy drinking.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you can't cope with life without drinking, and you can't get through the day without drinking (I'm not talking a glass of wine with dinner, I'm talking a few bottles of beer before lunch)

What Guys Said 8

• When you start drinking earlier and earlier everyday and you seem to only be happy with a drink in your hand.

• When it affects the rest of your life example too hungover to go to work or school on regular occasions.

• I think if you feel the need to drink every day or if you can't go an extended period without feeling like you HAVE to drink. My sister is raging alcoholic and she won't even try to stop.

• When it's addiction and when you get drunk on the regular

• When you keep a bottle of fireball whisky in the bathroom to get your day going...

• When you can't go a day or a week without having it

• I dont know because I dont drink

• if your answer to every problem is "drink"

What Girls Said 2

• That you need to drink to feel better. It's often the first thing you think of and the last thing you think of. Your dependent on it. That's when it's an issue.

• When you can't go a day without it.