RIDDLE: How did the police know?

A man was found dead with a cassette recorder in one hand and a gun in the other.

When the police came in, they immediately pressed the play button on the cassette.

He said, "I have nothing else to live for. I can't go on," then the sound of a gunshot.

After listening to the cassette tape, the police knew that it was not a suicide, but a homicide.

• I know the answer
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• Easy one. How can he stop and rewind to the correct place if he committed suicide.

Amateur at work

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• How would he have stopped the recording if he was dead? Much less rewind it back to the beginning and stopping it.

• simple forensics, you can see according to the blood splatters from where a gun was fired. if the man himself was firing the gun he should have gunpowder traces on his hands and clothing too, if it was homicide, he would not have these traces.

• He jumped off the roof as he shot himself. Then the tape recorder stopped and rewound itself after it realized it didn't want to die with this idiot. Tape recorder lived.

• they should have to rewind the tape, someone else did that

• I know it but not gonna say it

• He wouldn't have been able to rewind the tape after killing himself.
    That's probably the easiest riddle I've ever heard by the way.

• It was recorded, that means that someone pressed stop recording on the recording device after the gunshot that was heard on the tape

• People are saying the recording was stopped and he couldn't have stopped it since he was dead. I am at a disadvantage here, since I've never actually used a tape recorder. For all I know, it could be that if it is recording and you press play then it will automatically stop recording and start playing it from the beginning.

• There was another corpse at the scene, and the one with the recorder wasn't the one with the gunshot wound.

• The recording had been stopped after the gunshot so someone had stopped it.
    Just a guesstimate :D

• Can't rewind a tape when your dead.

• How did the guy stop the cassette recording if he was already dead?

• Just because the tape stopped just after he died doesn't mean he didn't pull the trigger.

• Plot twist, he said this, shot the gun in the air, pressed stop, reminded it, then killed himself.

• Because the recording was taken by the killer not the victim :) I don't know lots of stupid things that's why they are called riddles they're just silly nonsense

• Someone killed him after he said that then stopped recording it, if he killed himself the cassette would've kept playing.

• Hmmm interesting. Let me know what the answer is when you're ready

What Girls Said 7