Why is it so hard to believe that a party girl can also be a virgin?

Ok so I like to party around on the weekends and have gotten drunk several times. However, I'm still a virgin.

Someone actually said: ''What is a virgin doing here then? That makes you a tease." Seems like many people got this idea that a virgin girl is the type that stays at home for hours, likes reading lots of books and is conservative or naive.

2mo Also, just because I like dressing up with mini skirts doesn't mean I want to have sex with you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Experience.

The vast majority of party girls get drunk and go home with random guys and have sex. You may be an exception, and that's fine, but you shouldn't be surprised that the group you are associating yourself with (party girls) are known for specific behaviors - because that's how they got their own term (party girls) in the first place.

I like to attend parties too and I dont sleep around I dont see why a single lady can't party without having to ahve sex. People can have fun regardless if they are drunk, ahve sex or not.

@kitty71 Obviously you can, and obviously some girls do too. It's just that the MAJORITY of "party girls" regularly have sex as part of the partying. In fact, this is largely why they're invited to the parties in the first place...

i guess is a society misconception that if you attend to a party is to have sex as part of the partying, that misconception has to be changed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because people who assume that are just stupid...

What Guys Said 5

• Because the majority if them tend not to be virgins? It's easier to assume she falls within the norm than outside it.

• well, i guess you must have done everything with guys apart from penetrative sex :P

• Becuz she is supposed to be open minded, free, independent, moody, fun seeking, adventurous, etc

• I'm still a virgin and no one believes it because of how smooth I can be with girls sometimes. I'm a virgin, I'm not living under a rock. It's a choice.

It's hard to believe because most people lose their virginity in their teen years, mostly due to peer pressure and will often tease those that aren't as a sign of insecurity about losing their own. Just be you. Fuck everyone else that disagrees.

• Most people nowadays, especially guys, throw parties just to hook up. So of course they wouldn't like that you're not there to hook up.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I would fit the stereotype :')) But don't worry about it & do you!!