Does popularity really matter when it comes to women?

the first girl i ever really had a crush on, was when i was in 8th grade. it wasn't even a crush since i didn't KNOW her, it was more lust, but, she was the first girl i had ever seen in that sort of way. she was in my English class that year, and i remember that she said she liked the end of the year project i did. pretty silly to develop a crush on a girl just from that, right? problem is, she was considered popular. i wasn't, even in high school i wasn't. i didn't really care to be, to be honest. but, i never did tell her how i felt. why should i have? anyway, does popularity really matter when it comes to women?

0|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• well we want to know that you can create social relationships because there's a problem if a person doesn't have *any* friends. We also don't want to be your *only* social outlet.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• In middle and high school yes it matters. But that's because popularity = status. Which women value. After highschool popularity is less and less valuable. And therefore that status is limited.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Nope, it doesn't usually unless the girl is obsessed with status. Most girls don't give a fuck though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Having a crush on a stranger is ridiculously common in adolescence. With this in mind, girls do crush on guys based on looks alone too, regardless if they're popular or not.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it does. Interestingly women alao find men with a girlfriend more attractive also.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

people want what they can't have, generally

• 2mo

According to sociobiological theory, they uee other women's judgment as a quick way to determine which men are worth pursuing. Many species including fish do this.