How long should I backpack southeast Asia?

It will be my first time and me and my friend will be going.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to do some serious research about where you want to go and what you want to do and then look into how safe it is to get there. how much it would cost, and where you'll stay. Then everything will come together for you.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• 0 seconds. Save your money for a house.

And if he owns a house or a property already? Don't assume that he doesn't because he's only 19 and likes to travel. I owned my very first condo when I was 18 and a house turning 20.

@Princeofanons Remember this adage:

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

https://www.umass.edu/aesop/content.php?n=0&i=1

The Ant and the Grasshopper

In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he was taking to the nest.

"Why not come and chat with me," said the Grasshopper, "instead of toiling and moiling in that way?"
      "I am helping to lay up food for the winter," said the Ant, "and recommend you to do the same."
      "Why bother about winter?" said the Grasshopper; we have got plenty of food at present." But the Ant went on its way and continued its toil.
      When the winter came the Grasshopper found itself dying of hunger, while it saw the ants distributing, every day, corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer.

Then the Grasshopper knew...

It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.

• 3 months 14 days 15 hours 9 hours 26 minutes 53 seconds 58 milliseconds 96 microseconds 92 nanoseconds

• Southeast Asia is a large area man. If you plot out your routes that would visit all the countries then a solid month will be more than enough. people usually backpack for a few months or so because they want to visit every famous spot.