What was your last awkward situation in the grocery store?

Yesterday I went to buy some cola for myself on my way home. There was only one cashier and she was the cutest girl I have ever seen.
And she looked straight in to my eyes when I walked in, without breaking looking away.
So I couldn't buy just a bottle of cola (that'd be weird) so I took to loaves of bread (strike 1).
Then when I went to pay I think I became red and started to sweat a little (strike 2).
And when I pushed the card in and typed the code, I pulled the card out too fast - the thing didn't register it so I had to type it again (strike 3 - although she did giggle at it).
And then I said thank you at the end of it before going away (which people usually don't do here) (so strike 4 I think).

Awkward.

But at least I walked away with bread and cola. Dunno if I should go back to that store. Kind of scared to see her again.

2mo Bump
2mo Should I really go back?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Very funny and brings back memories of my bungling such episode at that age... the power of a girl to get you to buy things you didn't plan on getting. you should tell the store manager she needs a promotion.

A long time ago (in a place far far away) there was a cute girl that I noticed and when I walked down her isle, I could barely think and funciton. I'd play games to get down her isle. One day I worked up the nerve to buy her a rose and ask her out. I tried going down her line and she said... sorry... line closed! I was bummed. Went back next time and gave her the rose... which still had thorns on it and she threw it aside and said thanks, but I have a boyfriend... that was really sweet though.

I gave up after that and talked to the other cute girl who I should have asked out as well, but she was quite a bit older... probably 20 years. I remember both their names to this day... Stephanie and Karen.

You have to get past those nerves somehow, communicate, flirt and have fun, be normal, ask questions. that is the only way it work... natures love chemicals are cruel to guys 'cause we lose the girl when we have strong feelings!

Wise words, man. Thank you.

@YourFutureEx he'd have to roll with it, but get her a raise, I think he's gonna get some points...:) think positive...

How'd she know that HE helped her in her promotion? The manages has to tell her that. But if everything went well, then it will surely be beneficial.

What Girls Said 13

• Aww, that's cute. I wouldn't worry too much. :) Umm, I'm not sure about awkward grocery store interactions, but I did mess up a phone call the other day. The number registered on my phone to a guy named Peter. At the end of the call, I said, "Thanks, Peter. I'll see you Friday." The guy goes, "... oh, just so you know, this is Ian, his son."

Whoops. xD

• Go ahead and start frequenting that store 😉
    Mine would be few days ago when I paid for stuff I bought and forgot to take change. The cashier started calling me out but I thought he's calling someone else so I kept walking away. So some passer by pointed me out that cashier is calling me 😑

• This is literally so adorable 😂😂😂 I'm sure she found you really cute!!! You should go back and get her number. All the girls I know love it when men get flustered around them!

The last awkward situation I was in had to be... at my neighbors house! Lol my neighbor Cara is one of my closest friends. She's a mom of 4 and is married. She has a friend named Chris who's around her same age (late 30s early 40s I think) and he's been living with them for a few weeks now. Well I think he likes me and it's the awkwardest thing EVER. 1) I'm married 2) I have a 7 month old 3) I don't feel any attraction there what so ever and 4) I'M MARRIED. lol I never know how to act around him when I'm over there because he's always looking at me, complimenting me (saying I'm beautiful, I made a beautiful baby, commenting on how thin I am) and goes out of his way to help me when I don't think I need it. I don't even know how to talk to him. So it's always really awkward because he's staring at me, complimenting me, and I've got no clue what to even say to him except thanks lol I always wish my husband was there with me so maybe he will stop 😂

"All the girls I know love it when men get flustered around them! "

I have heard that being flustered is a sign of a lack of confidence and thus an instant turn off. No?

To some girls. But I've always thought it was cute and a lot of girls I know like it. I'd rather confidence, but only because I want people to love themselves. But I've never been turned off by a lack of confidence!

Okay I totally thought this said what was the last awkward situation you've been in, I didn't see that it said at the grocery store lol sorry!

• I tried to get an apple from the bottom because it looked nice and I dropped all the apples. Lol I got so embarrassed.

• None of your actions are strikes. Of course you should go back. Make it a regular thing but only buy what you need.

• I worked in a grocery store a few years ago. I'm really chatty with customers in my cash lane when it's really quiet. So one evening , this older guy comes in my lane and we started laughing about something random. He's putting his bags in the cart when his wife or whatever comes up and starts touching him. She gave me the dirtiest look while they were leaving. I think she thought I was flirting with him :(

• Scared? Lol move your ass and catch a girlfriend

But I'm scared.

Nothing is easy but you should pass that

Hopefully.

• Dude. Ffs it's just a girl. Damn

Anyway, for me it was when I was holding tons of groceries and when I got to the cashier I put everything on the counter to realize I left my wallet in my car.
    http://i.makeagif.com/media/11-17-2015/kYOdo9.gif

Wasn't really awkward just more like... really?

"Ffs it's just a girl"

Dudette, you do realise girls are scary?

Yeh but it wasn't even like you were approaching her. She was a cashier who was gonna ring you up lmao

That is also true. But she made me nervous none the less.

• I never really had an awkward moment at a grocery store. I don't know if this one counts though:
    < went to the grocery store to buy juice
    < there were many people there and I didn't want to wait in line
    < so I returned the juice to its place and left
    media.giphy.com/media/bWM2eWYfN3r20/giphy.gif</a>

• Lol guys act like girls are a foreign species sometimes xD

• I've loaded an entire cart of things, had them rung up and put in bags, only to realize I'd forgotten the damn checkbook at home😓

• Just yesterday in Walmart. Some girl had to get out of line, leave her groceries that she had not yet paid for, and go to get her wallet. How aggravating.
    Every line and every time I shop, it's always something or someone.

Did it make you wonder why shooting stupid people is illegal?

haha Not in this line but sometime.

• Buying a huge pot of Nutella while the hot guy behind me only bought veggies and water.

Nutella for life! If he didn't get Nutella too, then you don't need him anyways. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

LOL that would be awesome

I can't have Nutella. I'm allergic

What Guys Said 16

• This happened a long time ago, like 1998 but I went to a grocery store and bought a few food items and a 2 pack of ink pens. When I went to the checkout I hadn't noticed that the pack fell through the child seat part. So i paid and rolled the cart out the store where security stopped me. I had to sit and sign some document saying I could not enter the store again. They even took a picture of me holding the pack of pens next to my face for their file.. Very embarrassing!

• Took French lessons for $250 before going France to avoid a situation like this, too.

My first day in France I went to the grocery store and got bananas. I thought they weighed it for you at the register but then the hot French girl was pointing and talking in French and I had no idea what she was saying.

I was holding up the line so I just ran and put it back and tried to get back in line to pay but then the alarm went off because it was an enter only and I was totally embarrassed.

Dayum, dude... that's harsh :/

I have heard of that. Didn't know whether it's true or not.

True, but not always. There are nice french people too if you at least attempt to speak french. A "bonjour", "merci", and "au revoir" helps.

• What a shame. You seem like a pretty cool dude to me, why can't you act in real life the same way you do it here?

I don't have a social circle irl

Thats great to hear. Keep improving. Im sure in a few years you'll have a laugh remembering how awkward you were, and how easy it really is when you put yourself out there

Hopefully. Thanks mate.

• HA! yeah man that's not good but not too embarrassing.
    I was at Walmart Marketplace (the grocery portion of a Super Walmart) and some young girl picked a toilet plunger with not price tag. Lol... omg her face was so red from when they asked for the price check. They had another worker running with the plunger looking for the price.

• I said to the cashier that it was weirdly quiet for a Friday.

She said that was because it was Thursday.

Oh.

• I don't know why pretty girls intimidate us but they always do , need to get over that somehow but yeah that happens and sometimes I've left a bag by accident

An entire bag? I'd understand just one product but an entire bag?

Yeah it was on those swivel bag holders and out of view and not turned for me to reach, luckily it was jus a big bag of chips I was missing in that one bag

• The reason why you acted this way and felt this way is because you placed her on a pedestal. You couldn't buy just a bottle of Cola?

You should have ditched the Cola and purchased only a bottle of Lube or a pack of 12 Trojans. Then come back a few minutes later saying ''I forgot the important item''.

Or just buy the damn Cola haha. Either way, never place women on a pedestal no matter how they look.

I typically never do place them there. But this one was so incredibly cute that I couldn't help myself. Not like I wanted to do it.

• Nothing much... I just forgot the name of the cereal my mother asked me to bring...

• I went into an Iceland looking for a Mother's Day card at 8 AM once. Tried to leave through the entrance door.

• I probably have some stories like that, hidden somewhere. I already know myself, i would do something silly ahaha, more in the past than toay, still silly.

My subsconscious probably hidden them, because shame :p

• "would you like to donate to the hungry children" and I said no. That's always the awkward part in grocery stores.

• A few weeks ago, apparently the person in front of me and my mom, shat her rpant and it leaked down her legs

• Oh man, I don't envy guys who get nervous, haha. You just gotta work on that confidence man...

Yeah I know, dude. I legit mean it when I say that I'm pretty much always confident/indifferent towards girls. But this one was just... something... dayum...

• Knocking over the Halloween Candy put on display.

• Sounds like me when the girl who I like now knows that I do is sitting there when I walk in the room

• Dude I literally keep shopping at a grocery store because everytime I see a girl we make pretty intense eye contact

You're brave.

Well she always initiates it she also always walks by me a lot when I'm at the uscan