Girls What Would You Do If Your Boyfriend Said Your Pretty But Not Beautiful, Guys Would You Say Ever Say This To Your Girlfriend Why Or Why Not?

If Your Boyfriend Said This To You Would You Be Mad Guys Would You Ever say This To Your Girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll add onto @Blond401 's response.

"Beautiful and pretty are totally different things. Beauty is often more than skin deep. Tbh I've never had a boyfriend call me pretty, I have been called beautiful but it was just bullshit. So yeah, I would be offended if he said 'you're not beautiful but you're pretty. Because if he said that he means he doesn't think I'm a beautiful person - it's not all about the outside."

But I would thank him for telling me the truth. I'd rather know I'm not beautiful to him than to live my life thinking I am and waste my time on him.

Most Helpful Guy

• It reminds me of the joke about Gomer Pyle having a blind date with a girl who was overweight. He had never been on a date so he asked other guys for advise and he was told to give her compliments.

Gomer and the girl went to a dance. While on the dance floor, he said to her, quite sincerely, "For a fat girl, you sure don't sweat much!"

"You are pretty but not beautiful," is not a compliment and I would expect it to really hurt any girl to whom it was said.

Lol at the fat thing but yeah I see why it would offend any girl :p

What Girls Said 9

• Perhaps feel Hurt, but probably too, would get to the bottom of What he really thought of me?
    Good luck and Great question, Thanks for Sharing. xx

• Yes I'd be hurt/mad. It's like a backhanded compliment. He could have just told me I'm pretty and left it at that; the "not beautiful" was just unnecessary.

• Beautiful and pretty are totally different things. Beauty is often more than skin deep. Tbh I've never had a boyfriend call me pretty, I have been called beautiful but it was just bullshit. So yeah, I would be offended if he said 'you're not beautiful but you're pretty. Because if he said that he means he doesn't think I'm a beautiful person - it's not all about the outside.

• I would be pretty hurt and not talk to him for a bit.

• If feel hurt. And not talk to him

• Very offended

• That's such a backhanded compliment and disrespectful

• If probably say something that would hurt his feelings.

• I'd be hurt.

What Guys Said 5

• Doesn't seem like a nice thing to say, to specify that you think she's one but not the other, although I don't really get too hung up on semantics of pretty/hot/cute/beautiful. At least coming from my mouth, it all essentially means the same.

• i would never say this to my girlfriend

• I would never say that to a woman.

• I would not say one and then the other, that would be an insult after a compliment

• That's how you get your ass beat