Have you played a Fire Emblem game? If so which one would you recommend someone start with for beginners?

So i have never played a Fire Emblem game and want to start. But im unsure which one i should try first.

To those who have played, which do you recommend first?

Most Helpful Girl

• Awakening is definitely the easiest, followed by the Birthright/Conquest/Revelations split, but I was bored out of my mind by that one.

I would put Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn right after that in terms of difficulty. Then the GBA releases (which are still to this day my favorite).

Shadow Dragon is probably the most frustrating, but I guess I'm just more annoyed at some of the more impossible choices it forces you to make.

Thank you for MH! I forgot to mention, with Awakening and B/C/R, it's good for beginners compared to the others because you can utilize a lot of handicap settings to make the game a lot easier as you get used to how it works in general. Hope you enjoy the games! It's one of my favorite franchises. That, and Persona & Shin Megami Tensei titles.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude play every one you can. They're awesome games.

Which one should i start with though? something thats maybe noob friendly? lol

Think im gonna try awakening first. seems like an easier game to get into.

Awakening has more functions in it than previous games but go for it if you want. It's a great game.

What Girls Said 8

• My brothers love that game. I've actually never played it though

nice, do you recall which one they played? there's like so many of these games out lol hard to choose

• Fire Emblem Awakening seems easier to me so maybe start with that one.

• No I have not.

• I've only ever played the newest one on 3DSXL. I really like it.

• I have played fire emblem, though I've only finished 1 from the series, which was Fire Emblem Awakening. Though my boyfriend has finished more than 1 from it so he would know more about which one would be best to start off with.

• Not yet, but it looks like a very interesting game :)

• Never.

• Not yet. I wanna start too :/

What Guys Said 6

• No I don't think they really where common back in the RPG hayday in America. So I never got the chance.

• Nope. I know some people are obsessed with them but generally I am not too crazy about turn based strategy or JRPGs.

• Gosh, I don't know... All I know about the series is the uber basics of the battle system I've seen once, and the names of a few characters via SSB. lol I do want to try, and plan to get one with Marth.

• Never played Toad. Never heard of them.

• Nope, never have! :-P

• I've played Awakening Demo and so far it seem good. it's on my list of games I need to buy. :)