If ghosts did exist what would you think is usually the reason for them staying?

And not passing fully to the afterlife?

Revenge: To get revenge on someone who killed them... or wronged them in some other way

Unfinished business: Something that needed to be done, but left incomplete

Cursed: Some malevolent being cursed them to remain after death

Promise left unfulfilled: They made a promise to a loved one and is left unfulfilled because of death

Guilt: feeling very guilty for leaving a loved one behind through death

I don't really believe in ghosts, but i find reasons people have made up for their remaining interesting and may use some of it for my writing. ;)

• Revenge
  • Unfinished business
  • Cursed
  • A promise left unfulfilled
  • Guilt
  • Another reason (please say)
  • I don't beleive in any of this but wanna see results for kicks

Most Helpful Girl

• I occasionally look into ghost stories and whatnot, and of the mysteries solved, it's usually a number of these things altogether. Most go unexplained and likely because no one is left alive that knows what happened and their problem goes unresolved. I think some just like hanging around or they miss being in places or it's special to them in some way. Promises were not kept. Deals went bad and someone got away. Some can't get over being wronged. Some are missing life. Some are stuck in purgatory. They all have a story.

Most Helpful Guy

• Unfinished business covers almost all of those. Ever watched Ghost Whisperer? There's always something keeping them here.

What Girls Said 21

• While I do believe in the metaphysical, I don't believe in ghosts. However, if the souls of the departed were permitted to remain on earth I'd imagine that there would be as many reasons as there are ghosts.

I, personally, if allowed to hang around after death would probably do it just for kicks. I personally think it would be fun to haunt a family. I'd start out as subtle as the ghost stories you generally hear. A glimpse out of the corner of their eye, an unexplained noise, a photobomb or two, then I'd crank it up.

I'd leave no doubt that I'm there and even see if I can integrate myself into their family. Greet the parents at the door when they come home from work, sit down on the couch with the family during TV time, walk the kids out to wait for the bus, etc.

I'm sure their reactions would be hilarious at first, at least to me, and eventually they may even see the humor in a dead woman hanging out like a member of the household, but ultimately they'd get use to me, the novelty would wear off for me, and I'd go off to see what's going on under Europa's ice and test my theory about Neptune actually being a liquid giant capable of supporting aquatic life before finally taking my place in The Goddess' Garden (hopefully) or, if I'm unworthy of Her presence, the World of Exile (my religion's version of Hell, but instead of unrelenting torment it just has its ups and downs, much like living on Earth for eternity).

• A-E

As I've said quite a few times, I'm an active paranormal investigator, and a ghost tour guide.

• I don't think ghosts are real, but I think a lot would stay because of unfinished business emotionally... like maybe they had an accident after a fight or something like that.

• Unfinished business. It's a bit spooky to think about ghosts and shit like that, but Halloween is right around the corner, so good question lol

• I dunno... I think something just happened by accident in the process of dying and they got stuck here

• I guess unfinished business.

• Well I personally think that they're unhappy and have unfinished business to deal with. Not really a promise but just business that was unfulfilled

• Revenge, or just for fun (scaring people) :P

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/QA8xrP9bCCQ/hqdefault.jpg

• They simply don't know how to move on after their death like living people get trapped in ruts as well.

• I definitely think it'd be unfinished business of some sort, but it really could be any of those reasons you listed too.

• Most probably unfinished business - can be connected to guilt, I guess.

Enoch chapter 15
      And now, the giants, who are produced from the spirits and flesh, shall be called evil spirits upon the earth, and on the earth shall be their dwelling

• I think the paranormal is just science we have not yet discovered. It's probably energy or what we would call "the soul"

• They're confused.

• A or B

• a promise left unfulfilled

• They are stuck

• a promise and people they love

• Unfinished business.

• I have seen ghosts and have done some research on them. I believe they stick around for any of these reasons. I know I would stay as a ghost especially if there were someone I thought needed looking after.

• Hard to say but I think they usually come when somebody calls them/tries to contact them but they don't really come to help.

• One cousin came back and was this restless soul who would not leave for a long time. He had committed suicide.
    Another was my grandma who came back to just roam, letting us know she was around town. Gramps too.
    I have other ghost stories but no time to tell.
    We can pretty much do a as we please until Judgement day.

What Guys Said 16

• They do exist, I've seen them,
    Some ghosts seem to just be visitors from the afterlife, they leave the spirit world tp warn or protect a family member then come back.
    Some seem to be tormented by life decisions.
    Some seem to be delusional and can't tell whats going on

• If I ever become a ghost, I will probably stay because I didn't manage to finish my Skyrim playthrough.

• I am an optimist so I will say to protect and help the people they love.

• Ghosts aren't real but spirits are , they are living like us , eating like us and they also die , and some of them are religious and some aren't, there are bad people who like to harm and there are bad spirits who want to harm humans and other spirits.

• Enoch chapter 15

http://img.webme.com/pic/k/ka-ta/1.jpg

• Noooo clue.

• The end of Game of Thrones.

• I do believe in ghosts. I'd say all of the choices is why many don't cross over.

Enoch chapter 15

cross over to where?

@relaxrelax Heaven or Hell.

no when people die its straight to heaven or hell

these giant spirits are stuck here cause they where never suppose to be made so there only place is here on earth and there stuck

• Steam Wishlist updated.

• because they have unfinished business here on earth. or no other realm wants to accept them.

• All the above minus G.

• I would say Nutella, but may be Cursed.

The problem with "Unfinished business" is that... when we die... we always have unfinished stuff, it happens everyone xD. We would have billions of ghosts on our planet. Still, no video really convices me :p

• Seeing naked women, duh...

• Unfinished business maybe.

• Unfulfilled wish. But they cool, I might hang out with them, might get high later on.

Enoch chapter 15

you wanna chill with these evil guys lol good luck

• They just want sex of course.