Do you believe shyness is a personality trait that remains permanently or it can be wiped out?

Although I have worked it out as it seems, and I'm way less shy than 10 years ago, or just 5 years ago... I'm afraid this disease (yes I consider it a disease) is permanent, and there will always be some amount of shyness, no matter how much I toned it down.

• It remains permanently
  • It can be wiped out

Most Helpful Girl

• Social anxiety is a thing. I wouldn't call it a disease but it's definitely a condition. I believe it'll always be a part of you but that doesn't mean you can't do things that will help you overcome them. Seems like if you see improvements then you're doing something right.

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to be so shy I could hardly look up at the faces of anyone other than family. I'm still pretty shy now, but have made tremendous progress. It just takes practice and time.

Yes you are pretty much like me. I used to be as shy as you, especially with girls. I was turning all red if a girl just spoke to me.

Girls never so much as look at me unless I accidentally stare. lol (which doesn't happen often, but when it does I quickly turn my head in embarrassment. hehe...) The main issue may be me always being paranoid about accidentally interrupting people.
      I'm not just shy, but a very quiet person too. I'm so used to being quiet when I was uber shy, when I speak at what seems like a normal volume is actually very quiet. I need to learn to speak up, but am paranoid about accidentally speaking too loud.

I'm not scared about what I'll say, but how I might say it. I don't want to screw things up from the very beginning, accidentally interrupting her as I yell out right next to her... 😣

My tone of voice has become definitely louder than when I was 14-15 (I'm 24-25 now). I cannot count how many times I've been told to say it again, because I spoke too low (for example, when I was ordering food)

What Girls Said 1

• Can be wiped out, I used to be painfully shy.,, look at me now 😝

What Guys Said 4

• I think it can be overcome over time

• I'm still shy to this day. I'm just shy towards girls that I have interest and know they are interested in me. A girl I'm attracted to but shows no signs of interest in me won't make me shy for some reason though.

• It can be wiped out

• I don't think much can be done, someone shy will always be shy. They can become less shy, and there are drugs (such as alcohol) that can make you less shy termporarily. But I don't think it can be cured