Future lies with printed books or electronic?

It is said that in many countries bookstores are being replaced with other business because people now prefer reading electronic books to printed matter. Do you agree that in future number of printed books would decline sharply?

Most Helpful Guy

• Personally, I prefer printed books to electronic ones because I like holding the book in my hand. Call me old school, but I've never been a fan of reading books on devices such as the Kindle.

I think printed books will always be around but unfortunatley, they've declined drastically. Despite this, however, I think book stores like Barnes & Noble will always be around. I don't think they will go out of business like Blockbuster and Hollywood Video did.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think many do love manually reading, even in younger generations.

Eventually everything will be electronic, but I don't think it's in the near future.

What Guys Said 3

• Sadly i have seen a decrease in printed books, used to find book shops and places that sold books everywhere, but in the last 8 years i have seen a gradual decrease in the number of shops and places that sell books. The few that are still around have downsized or switched half of their inventory with other products and electronics, shame because books are awesome, yeah it means less trees used in making the books but were still using a ton of electricity which is bad also.

• Our local mobile library has just being closed so the use of paper books is way down with kindle and the internet.

• There will ALWAYS be a certain percentage of purists, that would prefer to read actual print books.

I'm a fan of electronic material, personally.

What Girls Said 0