Driving -What is wrong with me?

Hi guys, I don't know what is wrong with me, I can't seem to pass my driving, I passed my theory but my instructor keeps postponing my driving exam stating I am not ready. My driving is fine, I can handle the car etc but I make silly mistakes like forgetting to indicate, hesitating, going off in the wrong direction.

I don't even look forward to the lessons, I want to drive but when the day my lesson is on arrives, I absolutely dread it

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you are too nervous and overthinking the process of driving, which is causing you to make too many mistakes. I was too nervous on my first driving exam, and failed because of it. Your instructor probably sees this, which is why he/she is keeping you from taking the exam until you are ready.

Just try to relax as best you can. It may be hard to see it now, but try to remember that driving can be very fun, and hold onto that mindset.

I hope so, sometimes I'll make a mistake and he'll tell me off, and then I'll go over that route again and I'll keep reminding myself not to make that mistake and I won't but in the process I'll do some other mistake.
      Someone was telling me to change my instructor cause he does make me nervous sometimes

Aw ok, well everyone just needs their own pace. Just keep trying to relax and practice on your own with a family member or something between lessons with your instructor, so that you can get more used to the routine of driving. ^_^

Thanks

What Guys Said 17

• "I make silly mistakes like forgetting to indicate, hesitating, going off in the wrong direction." Then you're not ready. You almost are. So it's good, but not good enough!
    "I don't even look forward to the lessons" You actually should. If your driving isn't perfect (or almost) then you need to work on those skillz.
    "I want to drive but when the day my lesson is on arrives, I absolutely dread it " Why? Skills come with the experience. You'll need more work to drive properly, since you absolutely must indicate. So, without any judgment, I'll tell you to get the job done. You're almost there, just finish it, nuff said.

• He's right, you need more practice and therefore will become more confident were you aren't making those "silly mistakes" anymore. Those "silly mistakes" can cause an accident if you panic in traffic.

• Some people aren't meant to drive. It is really important for you and everyone else on the road that you not be making silly mistakes.

Consider changing instructors. A good instructor will make you feel more at ease and encourage you, as well as show you how to avoid silly mistakes.

• Get a boyfriend and have him teach you.

I wish I could, any other options?

Try taking an actual course.

Okay

• Because you're not ready, driving has become a habit instilled in you where you don't even need to think about any of those things, so keep practicing

• If you are making those silly mistakes you mention, your driving is NOT fine. Any one of those "silly mistakes" could kill you or others.

• You don't sound ready to get a license. Just gain some confidence.

• Take car and drive it on an empty parking lot, this way you'll get some confidence.

In my coutry you can take test when you pass 35 driving hours and nobody can stop you. It just costs more if you fail.

• well its obvious your not ready. small mistakes can cause big ones.

• I guess you are just not a natural driver. That's why he needs you to keep practicing... unless he is minting money off your wallet.

• You just gotta chill!
    Most silly mistakes are from nerves
    Chill!

• Driving is all about confidence, which comes from practice.

Keep at it, you'll get there!

• What's going on on the road these days makes me want to stick to bikes

• Well it's probably cause you don't have a penis.

• It took me 3 tests and over 3 years to pass mine

• have someone take you to a parking lot, and practice. that's what parking lots are for.. so you can practice, and not endanger others

• Well if you don't indicate and hesitate and not good with where you're going sorry to say you are seen as a dangerous driver.

What Girls Said 1

• You're not ready. Practice more. Because your driving instructor isn't going to be there to save you. Those small mistakes you make could kill someone.