If you could would you adopt a dog/cat from the shelter that has been abused and give them a better life?

Most Helpful Guy

• would and have a few times. No cats though, im too allergic.
    There always some crazy mix to. One dog, Max, is like Lab' pug mix. Very ugly dog lol but he's nice. The other is a Chihuahua, poodle, terrier mix of sorts, he's kinda a jerk but ok.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's our plan for the future when we can get dogs and cats. I think we aim to adopt a dog first and then try to adopt a kitten or if not, buy the kitten.

You should adopt both :)

Yeah, that's the ideal situation <3 It's just that kittens are going to be adopted pretty quickly by people, y'know? So we might not be able to adopt one. And I don't really want to bring an adult cat into a home that already has a dog if they're not used to dogs, at least with a kitten they grow up with the dog and learn to be around it.

What Guys Said 3

• I have, so yes.

• Me and my family already did that actually, his name is Carl and he was abused unfortunately.

• Done it a few times already.

What Girls Said 13

• yes i would

• Have done it numerous times and would love to do it again someday

What kinds?

what do you mean? In most causes you can't tell breeds from a shelter because they tend to be mixed. Most are guesses

• Yes, of course!

... only if I have the capabilities to look after it properly.

So why don't other people do it?

They might not have the time for a pet, or the money.

Maybe they had a specific breed in mind and have something against mutts.

Maybe they want an allergenic free animal and you just can't get those in shelters (well, you probably can, just easier to buy one).
      They might want an animal only for show, so they buy the most expensive purebred out, to show off.
      Maybe they know a friend who's pet got pregnant and are waiting out for the puppies/kittens.

They might realise they don't have the patience required to train an animal that has been abused, and passed the prime age for training. It has bad habits built in and it is a lot of work to train those out.

They might have an allergy to cats or dogs, or even just a phobia of them.

Maybe they heard something about shelters that has discouraged them from visiting.

There are numerous reasons why someone might not adopt a shelter animal.

I don't agree with most of these, they're just what I could come up with.

• Currently have a few.

• I already do it. All my pet are from shelter or pet abandonned in the street or the owner want to kill them so I adopt it. I adopted my last cat because I didn't then the owner would have kill him. He doesn't wanted more cat (he already had one).

• I would love to rescue every cat and dog. And do something horrible to the abuser. To me... an animal abuser is just evil.

• I already have

• I will give the so much love they won't know what to do with it

• I would adopt all dogs. 😀

• yes for sure i would there's nothing wrong with the animals at a shelter :D they are just loving animals!

So why don't people have a heart to do so? there's so much animals in a shelter and people ignore.

• Yes, I have adopted animals from an animal shelter.

• yes. save these poor babies. ;-;

• I have already adopted one. I don't have enough money to adopt another one though.