What's the difference between a nerd and a geek?

I don't get it.

0|0
2|2

Most Helpful Girl

• i've always thought they were similar

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Nerds are smart, kind people, quite and usually not socially intelligent/they are awkward. Most nerds are prime meal tickets for women wants they land jobs and are post wall and looking for a provide male.

www.themodernman.com/.../...autiful-girlfriend.jpg

Geeks usually aren't smart and are into something obsessive like Jap Pop, Anime etc. They have social skills and usually have friends. They often get GF's with similar interest to them.

mentalfloss.com/.../768767223_f5703d77dc_z.jpg

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

Oh i reduce this to male nerds and didn't realize. Female nerds are smart, kind, and usually quite. They often either end up with a good nerdy guy or less likely case fall prey to fuck boys because they are easy targets andd on't know better.

Female geeks same as male geeks but genders reverse.

What Girls Said 1

• Nothing.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• Nerds are smart, people who lack much of a social life. They often have very few friends. Nerds don't talk much, and don't expect others to talk much to them. They are usually nice people, but don't have the social skills to go out and meet new friends.

Geeks are different from nerds in the fact that they have social lives. However, these social lives are often spent pursuing some passion that the geek is obsessed with (i. e. Yu-Gi-Oh!). They spend all their time thinking about their one obsession, and play it in all of their free time. Geeks are usually only friends with other geeks, and attempts to converse with geeks is futile, unless, of course, you want to talk about Star Trek or whatever the certain geek is obsessed with.

-Urban dictionary

0|1
    1|0