What do you think about this "Dear Dad" video?

When I was on YouTube I have recently came across this one video, I clicked on it and I was amazed how this represents our current society and reality. Watch the full video and let me know what you think.

Here's the video:

Most Helpful Girl

• This may not be every women's story, but it is real. I know many women who share similar stories. It's not the fathers fault, but every good father I know would love to know another way to keep his daughter safe. Every women I know has experienced verbal sexual harassment, more than half have been sexually asaulted or raped.
    Do we really want to live in a world where any human is subjected to this? I know I don't.

Thank you for being more attention to this video.

Most Helpful Guy

• Angry!! I HATED how she kept apologizing, like it was her fault, somehow, being abused, degraded, raped and almost killed.
    i don't have a daughter, but it doesn't matter, because it is about respecting another person, and not violating them, degrading them and abusing them, just because you are stronger, bigger, or so mentally fcked up, that you need to hurt someone. . .
    I hated watching this, but I had to watch it again, so I didn't miss something important!
    Calling names, like 'Bitch' or 'cunt' or 'whore' isn't' just for fun, and it hurts the ones being called those names!!
    'He's just a boy, telling jokes?' but he learned them, from someone, and they are degrading, demeaning!!
    The behavior is perpetuated, and passed on, and she says it, not directly, but it does!
    What really bothers me, is that so many guys posted, and said it was BS, or propaganda, like it doesn't happen, but it does.
    It doesn't matter, if she gets a little to drunk! "NO" is "NO", yet so many still get abused. How many don't report it, because they are so ashamed, so afraid to be 'persecuted' and 'interrogated'?
    It's real, for me, because I know some, in college, and later, being raped. . .

What Girls Said 6

• I also think it was well made, I don't know why people so upset about it? It underlines a point we all know is true, that language is powerful and sometimes a joke is more than a joke

Except it's not true and if it's not true then it's subversive.

When it comes to rape, the strongest correlating factor for determining a rapist among males is being sexually assaulted by a woman in youth or young adulthood. So if you want a reason, there's a reason. *It takes a pathological condition to get men to rape.* So why do those women rape? Interestingly their doesn't seem to be a link in pathology for women, like women don't need to be fucked in the head to be capable of rape.

I'd have more of a case making a dear mummy video asking my mum to not rape me or to protect me from my aunt or teacher than this dear daddy nonsense. Yet, I'm not suggesting that should be a thing. I'm not trying to push an agenda that all women are potential rapists or are toxic. Most women are decent people, just as most men are decent people and there's no all-pervasive toxicity infecting womankind. Stupid sexist shit like Dear Daddy only serves to divide the genders and undermine cooperation. Let's just work together and not be retarded.

@AllThatSweetJazz The video wasn't instigating that rape is a problem with masculinity or men. Unless you're saying rape jokes or calling women names is inherently masculine.

The point that it was making is that normalizing violence and abuse, makes it... well normal. And that's what you do when you tell your children rape jokes.
      Are you saying that your perception of pretty much everything is not based on the environment you grew up in?
      There was time in which a lot of men hit their wives, because it was encouraged. There was time men fighting to death in an arena was considered appropriate entertainment for children.

• 0|1
  • This is why you should never drink around people you don't know.

What about drink with a friend of a friend? You don't know them but they are connected to your friend? I think that many people would feel safer to this idea since their friend knows him personally.

I mean it must take a lot of mental labour to see what you want to see.

@AllThatSweetJazz ohh, ok I see what you mean.

• I thought it was great. I saw it awhile ago

• Yeah I saw it, and the one of the boy too, it kinda make me cry because my dad was never like that with me 😂 So is like she's telling her dad everything and nothing, I mean, dads know how young males are, but you know, girls never tell everything to their parents and thats one of the dumb reasons I don't want to have kids

"and the one of the boy too"

You mean the guy who casted in the video?

"but you know, girls never tell everything to their parents and thats one of the dumb reasons I don't want to have kids "

What are the other reasons then if you don't mind me asking? I mean you can get a child but you can't predict its gender, so it could be a boy, a girl or as well an green alien. 😂 😂

" It was a joke lol "

Damn you internet 😂 😂

Would you say that men who don't want a kid are less likely to find a long term relationship partner?

Maybe, women want a family of their own so whenever they find a guys who says "I don't want kids" that's a red flag for those kind of women, but for me it's fine

• I love how all the girls think it's great but all the guys find it sexist.

What Guys Said 13

• i think this paints a very bleak picture. it sort of projects this idea that all men do this, although i don't think that is the intention it is the message conveyed.

that said it is certainly a reality of growing up as a female and certainly something that I as a father am conscious of. Even if a father doesn't call a woman a whore, bitch, etc there is still a culture out there that seems to suggest this kind of language is acceptable.

so the ultimate message, 'dont call women derogatory names' is good and something we all should take note of; however, i think the video goes a bit far in suggesting that all or most men are guilty of such action

• Pathetic. Propaganda. All crime statistic show violent crimes are way down. We as a species have never been more civilized and peaceful. FACT! Just more feminist BS.

IF I have a daughter, she will know her worth. Her self-worth will be tied to how smart she is, what she brings to our society and not tied to how beautiful she will be. Looks fade; true beauty lies within. She won't let stupid boys and their name calling (if it even occurs) affect her because she will be taught that the opinions are like assholes: everyone has one and they all stinks. She won't give 2 shits about their opinion because her father will explain to her that they are just upset that she's too good for them and that they aren't worthy of kissing her feet. And she will learn KRAV MAGA so if any asshole tries to take advantage of her, she will kick his ass. She will know her limits when it comes to drinking. She will learn not to put herself in any situation where scumbags can take advantage of her.

• It is a shock video which goes to extremes to make a point - In the middle of the video, I was going "No, No, No... too much" but then the summing up in the last 30 seconds is so good I went "Bravo, point excellently made"

• 1. I hate her accent
    2. It exagerates and demonizes all men while painting all women as potential victims. This is especially funny because it seems men are the demographic they are trying to reach in this video. You aren't going to get the support of a demographic who you broadly generalize as the source of most of the injustices you face.

3. The video only further divides people. The video isn't changing anyone's opinion/viewpoint on anything. All the people giving praise to the video are people who already shared that viewpoint before they even watched it. However, the people who disagreed are pushed even further away from their side after watching it.

You can watch the video from a males point of view, it is kinda exaggerated but it actually happens to girls a lot

• This video is dumb. First of all, I don't personally know any guys who called a girl a whore to their face. I can name more than 7 girls just off the top of my head who call other girls whores to their face.

Guys aren't really that mean to girls, girls are. That's why it's so traumatizing when a guy slips his hand down there and she didn't want it.

You really want to know why a girl can do that to a guy but a guy does it to a girl and it's a big deal? It's because girls are told by girls from the time that they are very little that even small things can make them whores. Even talking to too many guys makes them "Lose"

Guys don't really do that. A lot of guys don't like it when girls have had a lot of partners, sure but I can't think of anyone who looks down on a girl because of what happened to her when she got drunk at a party or because she fucked 3 or 4 guys.

A joke is a joke and it's crazy to expect the whole world to change for you.

Is it just me or are you playing a perfect man victim by blaming all the shit to opposite gender? O_o...

"Lol if you think guys are anywhere as mean to each other as girls are, then you're either from somewhere far far away from here or you just have a problem seeing things for what they are."

Pardon me, you clearly didn't saw a real guys going against or getting revenge against each other just to score points, man up and experience some real life experience boi.

"Or maybe you just don't know. I was pretty surprised when I found out how badly girls treat each other."

I have experience this as well and I still will say guys vs guys are more brutal in any way either emotionally or physically when it comes to things like that.

Yea, Any time I've ever seen a guy try to "score points" he was singled out for a while. Guys would say that someone doing that is acting like a girl. I don't know who you hang out with but it sounds like a really shitty crowd of people haha. In the scope of the real world, guys don't do that. You can bust each others chops or get into a fist fight and the next day your back to hanging out like it never even happened.

Because real men get over it.

• There is a state sponsored campaign against men and boys. This is an example of that campaign. Women and girls are just as bad as men and boys, and many studies show that girls are just as cruel, and women are just as likely to be domestically violent, and as likely to rape. This is pure propaganda, and may be a contributing factor to the astronomical suicide rates of young men.

It's hard being raised in an environment where you are being bombarded with images, and dialog that you are inherently evil, bad, etc. just because of your gender.

This add is a disservice to society, and the fact that it's state sponsored just shows how bad things have gotten.

• What do you think about this "Dear Dad" video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFLttjRm_c

• Its bullshit and its sexist. Not really suprising considering how society functiones and treats men currently but doesn't make it any less wrong.

• So basically the video brands every man on earth as a woman abusing rapist. Yeah. Okay. Not sexist at all.

• This is sexist against men.

• it is yet again a demonization of men and a victimization of women. this will put a further divide between men and women in society, something we can't use at all.

• a god awful abomination

• I found it retarded and offensive. It's not even trying to hide that it's attacking men and boys. But on top of that, if you actually look at the example they provided it shows that the daughter character is a moron. If the creators came back and said it was a PSA about not being a victim then it would actually be legit. But no, pretty sure it's just trying to blame guys for all things bad. And what's interesting is that it's actually making an appeal to male decency while saying men aren't decent people. It really is just all around stupid on many levels.