How do you make decisions?

So how do you make decisions?
I usually do number 1, I get as many opinions, true life stories and read as many self help books as I can on the subject and then I make my decision. I don't just take advice straight up, as I know it is my life and I only have one to live. I don't do things just to make others angry, and prove a point.

How about you?

• I weigh the good and bad of each choice and choose the best one
  • I just do what others tell me (parents, friend, teacher)
  • I just do things to make other people mad, I'm a rebel

Most Helpful Guy

• None of the above. Step one is to clarify the rules, aka the criteria.
    For example is this the right babysitter for my child?
    He or she needs to
    - be old enough
    - know how to change a diaper
    - have good references
    et cetera

Most Helpful Girl

• I do whats best for me and my children while not hurting others.
    Looking back, I have not make bad decisions be it in education, job, financial, relationships.

When it comes to decision making, you have to know yourself and know what your needs are so that you are not influence by others.

I like advices, at the end I have to decide whats best for me.

What Guys Said 18

• Sometimes, quite often, I suck at decisions. I'm working on that slowly, but it is hard, there are cobwebs of emotions around all this that have to be untangled.

generally... I delay making a decision until it has to be made and its driving everyone else nuts. Then I get input, mull the options and make a decision. The more pressure the better.

That's terrible way to do it, don't do that:)

• I make a snap decision, put down the joint, get out of my wheelbarrow and put some clothes on.

Actually Im pretty consistent. In fact I sometimes run a screen that says 'what would I do if I just followed the rest for no reason?' then I do the opposite. But the only options I really feel myself making decisions about are on restaurant menus, so what do I know?

• i think about it too much and then i ask about it from my parents

• I use common sense, sound judgement and the advise of those much wiser and more experienced then myself.

• There's always pros and cons to things in life. That video game you're about to fire up and play till 3am? Fuck yeah. That sounds really fun along with some beer. But... Is that necessarily good for your health? Nope. Always be weighing the good or bad of each options you have and choose the one you FEEL is the right one. Since, there's always going to be a con to a pro... In the end, it's up to you how you live your life. And that is why I think Life is so amazing. It's always good to weigh out the pros and cons, but at the same time.. Sometimes it's also good to let life play on it's own. Meaning, don't miss out on what we call Life, just because you're too busy weighing out pros and cons. Have a good day

• I can't vote.. No option for, I always make the choice that benefits my self and my wife first, all else second.

• 1|0
  • I think option A is probably description of my decision making

• Weighing pros and cons, internet research, asking friends and family.

• I don't really weigh my decisions, I just do what I feel is the best decision at the time.

• Why did you ask such an easy question? 9 out of 10 people already know that the answer is A.

• Random whim...

• I USE ONE OF THE 2 HEADS THAT I WAS GIVEN

• I weigh out the bad from the good and than come up with a decision from there

• A. Occasionally C, but not when making any important decisions. Never B.

• All decisions have already been made for all of eternity.

• I flip a coin.

What Girls Said 6

• At the end of the day, if you're making a decision with any degree of COMPLEXITY or INTRICACY... you should actually **NOT** try too hard to "reason it out".

A lot of people do just that -- they try to do the MOST "logical reasoning" in the situations with the MOST nuance/detail/complexity/intricacy -- and that's pretty much exactly the WRONG way to make decisions.
    Instead... you should make those decisions by trusting yr SUBconscious mind.

Read this:
    themindlab.co.uk/why-the-subconscious-matters/

Basically, the deal is that yr subconscious is actually able to weigh a phenomenally huge number of variables at the same time -- while yr conscious mind really can't "think" about more than a couple things at any given point.
    So, if you think too "logically" about any given decision, you're going to over-emphasize whichever variables are IN yr conscious mind at that point, and under-emphasize everything else.
    Whereas the subconscious is just able to... well, make better decisions.

• I do Option A.

• I try to be rational and see what the best option would be in any given situation but often times I just act on impulse

• I do the first, but it gets warped by emotion, and the 2nd and 3rd choices.

• I ask my family / friends / boyfriend / internet for advice then make a desision

• I make decisions on pure impulse