What does this phrase imply in your opinion?

I read it in a negative light, personally. But that might just be me. So I'm looking for perspective.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he may have just compared Michigan girls to drinking water in Kenya.

Or your vagina is the drinking water and you're Kenya?

Either way no one goes to Kenya for the water because its dirty and you can get better quality closer to home. So he's saying he can do better without traveling farther.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wtf does that even mean and why are you talking to a dude who says uncouth things to a lady? And why would you waste your time with someone you never get to see?

What Guys Said 19

• I think you were interpreting it correctly, thinking it was NEGATIVE!
    I would read that and think he was saying he doesn't trust you, and thinks you are cheating on him, and he can't find anyone, there, so he is frustrated sexually.
    I would ditch this one, and get a good one!! He sounds like a total D-bag!

• I don't know. I mean, you wouldn't fly to Kenya to get drinking water when there's just as good if not better drinking water elsewhere. I guess, in this context, you are the drinking water. No offense, but this guy seems like a dick. Does he always talk in this round about condescending way?

• Sex is as important to him as water. Depending on you for sex is like depending on a water source far away in Kenya.

• Why did you see that as negative? It sounds like a non sequitur to me. Like he might have thought he was responding to another conversation entirely.

• I must admit I was lost but I read other peoples' comments and if he is implying you are Kenya, it is not nice.

• It means the place you guys are talking about is not fruitful with water. There is a shortage of fresh clean water in Kenya maybe. Or the filtration system is bad. Maybe he means there is a lot of parasites and dangerous organisms that live in the water

• He totally could have worded that in a different way, at first sounds like an insult.
    Telling you that you are like the water of Kenya that seems to be non potable, but he is talking about distance, and getting drinking water from so far is not good.
    So in resume, he said that he doesn't want to compromise into a long distance relationship, cause for him the sex is important.

• Your guy isn't that great with metaphors is he /= I think what he means though is that the distance is aggravating and makes it hard.

• You gotta start to change the type of people you message

• Wow, really? He's letting a mere 2000 miles come between him and whoever he's talking to? Sad.

It is meant in a negative light... and it's also a shit analogy.

• eh should be pretty obvious what it means.

sitting in Moscow isn't the ideal place if you wanna bang a chick from Paris.
    Change cities with yours.

just complaining about the distance between you two, nothing more

• lol i know what it means. it means that you are too far away, there are closer people to get laid with.

• 0|0

He's saying he's not going to get any sex if he's spending time on you. The closet well is around 2000 miles away...

• I read it as negative

• So he's telling you to not go to Kenya?

• Are you ok with others sticking dicks in you?

• It means that Kenya has bad water

• If he really wanted to experience the undoubted joys of having his dick inside you he'd get on a plane to hook up with you, at least one time !!

• dont go drinking, where others have drank from--it might be dirty/infected

What Girls Said 9

• hahah... girl.

If you REALLY want to throw a grenade here, you could respond with, "eh, I've fucked a couple Kenyan guys, and they seemed well enough hydrated to me"
    ahahahah

I know, I'm a terrible person who is absolutely going to hell.

• I dont even know what that means, but the first text he sent was disrespectful in my opinion, i'd be more bothered by that. nonetheless it sounds like its a ldr so you could easily find someone else

• He isn't good at metaphors. Without his first text as context it would seem he'd be implying you're Kenya and not good for him. But what he's trying to say is that the distance isn't good. I guess y'all are like virtual fwbs? So I guess he's saying a thousand miles isn't good distance for that

• Seems a tad desperate.

• Wow he is an asshole

• Kenya doesn't seem like a place you would be able to get water easily.

So I think he means it like it's not easy to have sex due to the distance?

• its very confusing

• Nope I also read it in a bad light too. That dude needs to get better comparison ideas or he's gonna get smacked.

• Well I think he was attempting to be sarcastic.