Do you think birds or mammals are better dads?

• Birds
    25% (3)38% (6)32% (9)Vote
  • Mammals
    75% (9)62% (10)68% (19)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|5

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Mammals

0|0
    0|0
  • Birds. In 81% of bird species both the male and the female cares for the young (and in 1% only the male does) but in only 6% of mammal species the male helps care for the young.

0|1
    0|0
  • Birds won't return to their egg if somebody else touches it both can be bad dads or moms. You have to take it case by case.

0|0
    0|0
  • People who chose "Birds" are probably either a vegan or a member of PETA.

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

And what does that have to do with this?

• 2mo

@Ad_Quid_Orator if you don't see the connection, you're way detached from the world you're living in, buddy. read some newspapers, and stay on the same page. stop spending so much time on GaG.

• 2mo

There's no connection; it's probably because in far more bird species the male helps raise the young than mammal species (percentage-wise over 13X as many).

What Girls Said 3

• Mammals because we're further evolved.

3|1
    0|0
    • 2mo

There's no such thing as "further evolved" there is more conserved or derived relative to the common ancestor of the organisms or taxa you're comparing and whether birds or mammals are more derived is up for dispute. But even if mammals were more derived it wouldn't mean mammals make better parents, especially seeing as how in +81% of bird species the dad helps raise the young while in only 6% of mammal species the male partakes in raising the young.

• Well birds don't have a limbic system so they don't actually care for their young emotionally. So I'd say mammals, at least they are capable of caring 🙃

0|0
    0|0
    • 2mo

There are other parts of the brain that allow them to be capable of caring.

• I think all animals in general are better at everything. We could learn a lot from animals.

0|0
    0|0